- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- Sports Shahzad suspended from all forms of cricket for a year: ACB
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
BMW Motorrad teased us with the 2019 S1000RR on its India specific social media pages during February 2019. At the point, we knew that the litre-class super-sport would arrive in India during June 2019. We now have confirmation that the motorcycle will be launched on June 25, 2019.
This means that we are a little over a month away from the launch of the all-new S1000RR bike that replaces the previous-gen model which originally made its debut back in 2009.
According Autocar India, The new BMW S1000RR will feature the same 999cc, in-line four, but it will feature some changes. We know that the international-spec machine produces 207bhp @ 13,500rpm and 113Nm of torque @ 11,000rpm – an increase of 8hp over the 2018 model, with torque remaining the same.
The engine will now feature BMW's ShiftCam Technology, that allows for variable valve timing (VVT). This tech delivers more performance throughout the rev-range. The engine will come mated to a 6-speed manual transmission with a quick-shifter.
BMW Motorrad has also updated the electronics on the motorcycle. The new BMW S1000RR features a six-axis IMU that helps with cornering ABS and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC). The motorcycle also gets four riding modes – Rain, Road, Dynamic and Race. All of this can be cycled through a new 6.5-inch full TFT display.
The 2019 model also uses Hayes brakes instead of the Brembo that it has always sported. The Sachs suspension set up has been replaced by a Marzocchi suspension.
The new BMW S1000RRfeatures a redesigned chassis that is made of lighter components. The motorcycle features a WSBK (World Superbike Championships) inspired swingarm. As a result, the new BMW S1000RR has a lighter frame, a lighter engine, and a kerb weight of 197 kilograms. Eleven kilograms lesser than the outgoing model. The top-spec M package brings that kerb weight figure down to 193.5kg.
The 2019 BMW S1000RR is available in three trims in international markets – a standard model, a S1000RR Sport and a S1000RR with the M package.
We expect the standard model to be priced higher than the outgoing model. The price of the BMW S1000RR models that are currently available in India start at Rs 18.05 lakh ex-showroom (India).
If launched, we expect the higher-spec Sport variant to be priced at roughly Rs 21 lakh, and the M package at roughly the Rs 25 lakh mark. Prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The New BMW S1000RR Being Launched On 25 June 2019
Now that is a powerful and fast machine. BMW motorcycles are always top of the line and there is probably nothing that matches it in terms of quality. We know the possibility of getting one of these machines is close to nada but we still want one!