- 3 hrs ago Honda CD 110 Dream BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 62,729
- 4 hrs ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Hyundai Registers 12,583 Units Of Sales After Resuming Operations
- 6 hrs ago MOTOFARM Dirt Track Facility Opens In Bangalore: New Course For Some Slideways Action
- 8 hrs ago 2020 Kia Seltos Update Launched In India With Host Of New Features: Prices Start At Rs 9.89 Lakh
- Movies Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Actors On Resuming Shoot: ‘We Are Excited & A Little Apprehensive’
- News Amit Shah to begin BJP campaign in Bihar next week with virtual rally
- Sports Sports broadcaster apologizes for using image of Hitler
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Redmi 10X Pro 5G, Nokia C5 Endi, Sony Xperia 1 II And More
- Finance Moody's Downgrades India's Ratings
- Lifestyle Acute Kidney Failure: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
BMW Motorrad has just launched the new F 850 GS Adventure in the Indian market. The new BMW F 850 GS Adventure is priced at Rs 15.40 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new F 850 GS Adventure-Tourer comes with a sharper design, while also claiming to be more agile and off-road capable than before.
The new BMW F 850 GS Adventure will be imported into the country as a Completely Built Unit (CBU). The Adventure-Tourer will be available for bookings across all BMW Motorrad dealerships in the country, starting today.
Dr. Hans-Christian Baertels, President (act.), BMW Group India, stated:
"For more than ten years, the GS models in the BMW Motorrad F series have embodied the premium range in the middle class travel and adventure enduro segment. With the launch of the all-new BMW F 850 GS Adventure, we are now expanding the premium BMW Motorrad range in this segment. The all-new F 850 GS Adventure offers travel enduro riders, off-road oriented touring riders and globetrotters the perfect companion for exploring the remote corners of the world by motorcycle."
The F 850 GS Adventure is based on the standard motorcycle, however it does feature a redesigned bodywork. The F 850 GS Adventure is also more off-road oriented than the standard version.
Changes in the bodywork include a larger windshield, wider front 'beak', redesigned radiator shroud, larger luggage rack and engine guards, along with a revised tank panel as well. The BMW F 850 GS Adventure also gets a larger 23-litre tank, compared to the 15-litre tank on the standard model.
The BMW F 850 Adventure comes powered by a 853cc water-cooled parallel-twin cylinder engine producing 90bhp at 8,000rpm and 86Nm at 6,250rpm. It is further mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The BMW F 850 GS Adventure rides on 21-inch front and 17-inch rear spoke wheels. The suspension on the ADV is through 43mm inverted forks up front and a monoshock at the rear, both with pre-load and rebound adjustability. Braking on the BMW F 850 GS Adventure is handled by dual 305mm discs at the front and a single 265mm disc at the rear, supported by a dual-channel switchable ABS.
The feature list on the BMW F 850 GS Adventure includes LED headlamps and tail lights, LED DRLs, dynamic traction control, switchable ABS, cruise control, dynamic ESA, gear shift assist, two riding modes and 6.5-inch TFT display with bluetooth connectivity.
Thoughts On The BMW F 850 GS Adventure
The BMW F 850 GS Adventure is a more off-road equipped version of the standard motorcycle on sale in the country. The BMW F 850 GS Adventure continues to rival the likes of the Kawasaki Versys 650, Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT and the Ducati Multistrada 950 in the Indian market.