- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan: 'I'll Be Lying If I Say I Really Struggled'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- News Govt issues 8-point 'myth-buster' on controversial Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Benelli Motorcycles is said to be changing its strategy for the Indian market. The company is planning to introduce a host of new products in India to rival the likes of Royal Enfield. The company has also planned to further expand its dealership presence in the country to increase sales.
According to reports from ET Auto, Benelli will introduce a new product portfolio for the Indian market. All the new products will be designed specifically keeping in mind the requirements of the local market. The company will also look to exporting the models from India, although it will feature certain specification changes for international markets.
The company recently introduced the Imperiale 400 in the Indian market at a price tag of Rs 1.69 lakh. However, Benelli confirmed that they will further be introducing different iterations of motorcycles as well.
Vikas Jhabakh, Managing Director, Benelli India, told ET Auto, "Imperiale 400 will definitely not be our last product in the segment. We are doing a couple of iterations of this product and various other engine sizes: bigger and smaller. On the R&D front, we're working on 5 to 6 different products right now. How many we will bring to India will be based on the market feedback for different products."
The Benelli Imperiale 400 is the latest product from the brand in the Indian market. It is also the first of many products, which will be introduced by Benelli in the Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 2 lakh price range.
The Benelli Imperiale 400 comes powered by a 374cc single-cylinder engine. It produces 20.7bhp at 5500rpm and 29Nm of torque at 4500rpm and is paired to a five-speed gearbox as standard.
The Imperiale 400 offers a retro-classic design with rounded headlamps, teardrop-shaped fuel tank, chrome surrounds on the mirrors, taillights and spoke wheels. However, it also offers a host of modern features as well, including dual-channel ABS, disc brakes at either end, preload-adjustable shocks at the rear; among others — here are the details.
Thoughts On The New Benelli India Product Portfolio
Benelli is working towards a product offensive in the Indian market. The company will be introducing a host of products in India, all priced competitively to directly rival Royal Enfield in the market. The Imperiale 400 is said to be the first of many similar products lined-up for India.