- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Second Teaser Video Released: Launch Slated For 30th Of September
- 2 hrs ago Indian Rider Pays Fine Of More Than Rs 66,000 In Australia For Triple Riding
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 W6 Diesel-Automatic Variant Launched In India: Priced At Rs 9.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Avan Motors Showcased Two Electric Scooter Concepts At The Pune Motor Show 2019
- News Trump meets Imran Khan, says "I am ready, willing and able to mediate Kashmir issue"
- Movies Oththa Seruppu Size 7 Movie Review: This Parthiban Movie Is A Brave Attempt
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls secure thrilling tie against Dabang Delhi
- Travel Places To Celebrate Dusshera In India
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A20s Announced With Triple Rear Cameras
- Lifestyle Want A Toned Back Like Disha Patani's? Try These 8 Exercises That Target Your Back Muscles
- Finance An App That Helps Women To Take Control Of Their Finances
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
Bajaj Auto has launched the Avenger 160 Street in the Indian market. The new Bajaj Avenger 160 Street is priced at Rs 82,253, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Avenger 160 Street replaces the current Avenger 180 cruiser from the model lineup.
The old 180cc version of the Avenger motorcycle was almost Rs 6,000 costlier. It also missed out on the safety feature update in the Indian market. The new Bajaj Avenger 160 Street will be available in two colour options: Ebony Black and Spicy Red.
The new Avenger 160 Street comes powered by a 160.4cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It is the same engine powering the Pulsar 160NS, however, the power output has been tuned slightly different. The engine on the Bajaj Avenger 160 Street is said to produce 15bhp and 13.5Nm of torque and mated to a five-speed gearbox.
Apart from the smaller displacement engine, the new Avenger 160 Street remain unchanged in all other aspects. It receives the same chassis and dimensions as the model it replaces. The Avenger 160 even weighs the same as the now defunct 180 model, with a kerb weight of 150kg.
The Bajaj Avenger 160 Street comes with telescopic front suspension and twin-shock absorbers at the rear. Braking on the new 160cc cruiser is through 260mm disc up front and 130mm drum brakes at the rear. The brakes are further supported by a single-channel ABS system.
In terms of features, the new Bajaj Avenger 160 Street comes with all the same equipment as the 220 model. This includes a single-piece seat and modern design headlamps with LED DRLs. It does however miss out on the digital instrument cluster seen on the 220, while featuring a basic analogue set up.
Thoughts On The new Bajaj Avenger 160 Street
The new Bajaj Avenger 160 Street is available in a single variant, unlike its larger sibling. The decision to replace the Avenger 180 with the 160 was mainly taken to bring in a gap between the two motorcycles; both in terms of pricing and displacement. The new Bajaj Avenger 160 Street has only one direct rival in the market, in the form of the Suzuki Intruder. Bajaj hopes that the gap between the 220 and the new 160 Avenger model will attract equal customers towards both their cruiser offering.