- 12 hrs ago Spy Pics: Tata Tiago Facelift Spotted Testing Ahead Of Next Year Launch, Features Larger Grille
- 13 hrs ago Spy Pics: Renault Duster BS-VI Spotted Testing On Pune Mumbai Highway
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Engine Specifications Revealed: India Launch Expected Soon
- 15 hrs ago Honda Civic Retains Executive Sedan Segment Top Spot: Records 30% Month-On-Month Growth
- Movies Yash Opens Up About His Struggling Days And The Success Of His Movie KGF
- Technology Upcoming Nokia Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Jharkhand polls 2019: BJP names 8 more candidates
- Sports First India-WI T20 in doubt as Mumbai police yet to guarantee security cover
- Lifestyle Chickpeas Chana During Pregnancy: Benefits, Side Effects & How to Consume
- Travel 8 Exhilarating Water Adventures In India For Couples
- Finance SEBI Hikes PMS Min Investment Requirement Limit; Cuts Rights Issue Process Time
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Italian two-wheeler manufacturer, Moto Guzzi, has delivered their first V85 TT adventure motorcycle in India. Keys to the first bike in the country, was handed over to Mr. Atul Saini in Bengaluru on November 6.
Avant Garde Motors in Bengaluru delivered the motorcycle to Mr. Saini. The dealership in the city also offers a wide range of motorcycles and scooters from different manufacturers. The Moto Guzzi V85 TT retails at Rs 17.5 lakh, on-road (Bangalore).
The adventure motorcycle is powered by a Euro 4 complaint 853cc V-twin engine inside the steel tubular chassis. The engine produces a max power of 79.1bhp at 7,750rpm, and 80Nm of peak torque at 5,000rpm, and comes mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
The uniqueness of this powertrain is that the v-twin engine is transversely mounted and the power is sent to rear wheels through a shaft, instead of a conventional chain or belt drive.
The motorcycle features retro-looking headlamps with LED DRLs in the center, resembling the Moto Guzzi Logo. Other features include, an up-swept exhaust, LED tail-lamps and turn indicators, large split-seat setup, retro-looking tank, grab rails with a luggage rack, hand guards, and extended mirrors for better visibility.
The bike features a 4.3-inch TFT display for the instrument console. Buyers can add an ECU from the motorcycle's accessories list to enable smartphone pairing to the instrument display. This will help the rider to control music, make and receive calls, use a navigation and more, through MOTO GUZZI MIA, multimedia platform.
The suspension duties on the adventure motorcycle are handled by, a 41mm Upside-down forks at the front, and monoshock set up at rear, with full adjustability offered at both ends for preload and damping. Braking on the Moto Guzzi V85 TT are done using a dual-floating 320mm disc at the front, and 260mm single rotor at the rear. The bike rides on 17-inch spoke wheels at the rear, and 19-inch at the front.
The electronic aids to the motorcycle include the company's "Moto Guzzi Controllo di Trazione (MGCT)", Traction control system. The system offers three riding modes called, 'Street', ‘Rain', ‘Off‐road', with different of traction on each mode. Other electronics on the motorcycle include dual-channel ABS, and Cruise control system.
Avant Garde Motors, Bengaluru caters to a lot of brands that are available in the country. This includes Moto Guzzi, Vespa, Aprilia, Norton, F.B. Mondial, MV Agusta, Hyosung and SWM. These brands that have entered Indian streets, thorough Motoroyale Kinetic and Motoplex, which cater to different brands, and offers a multi-brand superbike showroom.
Thoughts About The Moto Guzzi V85 TT
Let's start with the price, is it expensive? Yes! However, the bike is brought into Indian shores as a completely built unit. This makes the bike more expensive and adds a customs premium as well. There are a lot of adventure motorcycles in India for that particular price bracket or even for a lesser price and offering more power. Why would someone choose over all the Tigers, Africa Twins, Versys and the lot? Well, for that sweet Italian design and other perks that comes with shaft-driven bike, besides the low maintenance.