- 11 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 11 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 15 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
India based two-wheeler manufacturer, Mahindra, is getting ready to unveil an all-electric scooter during the first quarter of 2020. According to an Autocar Professional report, the company will showcase the product at the Delhi Auto Expo scheduled for February next year. Mahindra however, say they will unveil the electric scooter before the Auto Expo itself.
Should Mahindra showcase and launch the all-electric scooter, it will become the only manufacturer to offer electric vehicles across two, three and four-wheelers across the country.
The company is reportedly in the middle of advance stage testing, and is close to unveiling its all-electric scooter that is said to be based on the Mahindra Gusto's platform. Earlier reports have suggested that a Gusto-based electric was in the works.
The upcoming Mahindra electric scooter will feature the same 3kW motor that is features on the Mahindra Genze and the Peugeot E-Ludix electric scooters, and is expected to offer a range of around 80 kilometers on a single charge, and a top speed of between 55kmph and 60kmph.
Rumor also has it that the company's all-electric scooter has already been certified by ARAI, and is expected to be priced at roughly Rs 80,000, after FAME II and State Government subsidies.
Mahindra currently owns two electric-scooter manufacturing companies - Mahindra Genze in the USA, and Peugeot Motocycles in France. The Peugeot E-Ludix electric scooter is manufactured at the company's Pithampur plant, and is exported to Europe.
The past couple of months have seen a fair amount of action in the electric two-wheeler space in India - Ather Energy announced plans for a new plant in Hosur, Bajaj Auto revealed the all new electric Chetak, and Ultraviolette showcased its performance electric motorcycle.
Thoughts About Mahindra Unveiling An All Electric Scooter
Well, this was to happen sooner than later. Mahindra has always been active within the electric mobility Eco-system, and it was just a matter of time before they made an entry in to the electric two-wheeler space.
While the Gusto was probably one of the company's better selling scooters, we hope that the design team at Mahindra give the all electric a fresher look in order to make it more appealing to the masses.