- 1 hr ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 2 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- 18 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Gandii Baat 5: Lakshya Roped In For Madhosh Madan; Actor Says Show Doesn’t Just Focus On Bold Scenes
- News 3 volunteers to get 1st dose of Covishield during trials in Mumbai today
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: FC Goa signs James Donachie from Newcastle Jets on loan
- Finance Likhitha Infrastructure Rs 61.2-crore IPO To Open On Sept 29; Price Band Fixed
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Lite Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch; Could Be Rebranded F17 Pro
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Lambretta has showcased the G-325 at the ongoing EICMA 2019 motorcycle show. The G-325 marks the return of the iconic Lambretta brand. The company also announced the launch of the G-Special electric scooter at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo. The company is also looking at setting up an assembly plant in Delhi.
Lambretta is one of the most iconic scooter manufacturers India has seen. Back in the 80's, people were crazy about these scooters. Lambretta scooters turned heads wherever they were ridden and even to this day, the craze remains.
Lambretta scooters still have a large fan following in India, and there are several clubs with members dedicated towards the restoration and maintenance of the legendary machines. At its peak, in 1981, the company sold nearly 35,000 scooters.
Unfortunately demand dropped over the following years and finally in 1997, production stopped. Well, Lambretta is all set to return to the Indian market. In 2018, Lambretta's parent company Innocenti announced that the Lambretta brand would return to India.
Now, the company has showcased its flagship concept at the ongoing EICMA motorcycle show in Italy. It is called the G-325 and it can be instantly recognised as a Lambretta. Anyone who has seen a Lambretta scooter before will relate to this. It features the same iconic design lines while being modern.
It features the same beautiful retro headlamp design, shaped almost like its logo. But the headlamp is an LED unit and it even has LED DRLs. All lights on the concept are lit by LEDs. The same logic has been applied to the rest of the scooter too.
On the outside, it features classic retro design with long flowing curves and it even has the iconic side panels. However, there is no longer a well-oiled two-stroke engine underneath it. It is powered by a 325cc, four-stroke engine. More details of the engine will be announced shortly.
Lambretta also announced the launch of the G-Special which is its upcoming electric scooter. The Lambretta G-Special will be launched at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo. There are no details regarding the output of the electric motor or the battery capacity or range yet.
Since the scooter will be positioned at a premium, the range and performance too can be expected to remain premium. At EICMA, Lambretta stressed upon its focus on electric vehicles as well as hydrogen-powered scooters and motorcycles. The company also announced that it would be setting up an assembly plan near Mumbai.
Thoughts On Lambretta G-325 Special Scooter Being Unveiled At EICMA 2019 Ahead Of India Debut
The electric two-wheeler market in India is growing at a rapid pace and several new products are entering this space. Recently, Bajaj launched the Urbanite brand and resurrected the iconic Bajaj Chetak brand name by revealing an electric scooter.
Now, another iconic brand is coming back to life, and again with an electric scooter. The very name is enough to get the sales numbers flowing. Things are becoming very interesting in the electric scooter segment.
Image Courtesy: Motomag