- 15 min ago Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- 49 min ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 3 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- Lifestyle Rose Day Welfare of Cancer patients: What Should You Not Eat When You Have Cancer?
- Sports IPL 2020: Royal Challengers Bangalore batsman AB de Villiers surprised to find form so early
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Modi Address Students Virtually
- Movies Ka Pae Ranasingam On Zee Plex: Netizens Troll Makers, Say AC Theatres Charge Less Than Them
- Finance Last Day To Link Aadhaar With Ration Card Draws Near
- Technology Poco X3 With Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G Chipset Launched In India; Better Than Competition?
- News Prime Minister Narendra Modi to hold discussions with Sri Lankan counterpart on September 26
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
KTM India has finally launched their much-awaited Duke 790 in the country. The new KTM Duke 790 is now available in India with a price tag of Rs 8.63 Lakh, ex-showroom (India). The motorcycle is now the most powerful offering from the brand in the Indian market.
The KTM Duke 790 will be available only in select dealerships across major metros in India. Bookings for the Duke 790 has now started in 9 cities. The motorcycle will be made available in 30 more cities from April 2020. Deliveries for the motorcycle are said to begin soon.
The KTM Duke 790 is powered by a 799cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine. It produces 104bhp at 9,000rpm and 87Nm of torque at 8,000rpm, mated to a standard six-speed transmission. With a weight of just 189kg, the Duke 790 offers a power-to-weight ratio of a massive 612bhp per tonne.
The bike offers four riding modes: Rain, Streets, Sports and Track. This is in addition to a host of other rider electronic aids and features. The KTM Duke 790 comes with traction control system, lean angle sensitivity, motor slip regulation, stability control, slipper clutch and two-way quickshifter for clutchless upshifts and downshifts.
Other features on the KTM Duke 790 also include a fully-digital TFT instrument display, LED lighting all around. The motorcycle will also feature launch control and wheelie control as well.
The KTM Duke 790 also comes with a 43mm upside-down forks at the front and a fully-adjustable mono-shock at the rear; both from WP. Braking is handled by dual 300mm discs at the front and a single 240mm disc at the rear, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard. The motorcycle will further ride on 17-inch alloy wheels wrapped in Maxxis Supermaxx ST tyres.
The KTM Duke 790 is imported into India as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit and assembled at Bajaj's plant. It will rival the likes of the Suzuki GSX-S750, Ducati Monster 797, Triumph Street Triple, Yamaha MT-09 and the Kawasaki Z900 in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The KTM Duke 790 Launch In India
The KTM Duke 790 is one of the most-awaited motorcycle launches in the Indian market. The new flagship motorcycle will offer extreme performance while also offering a host of equipment, making it a very attractive offering in the Indian middle-weight motorcycle segment.