- 28 min ago Mahindra Treo Zor Cargo EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.73 Lakh
- 1 hr ago 2021 Yamaha MT-09 Globally Unveiled: Improved Technology & Design
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- Sports IPL 2020: CSK vs KKR, Match 49 updates: Kolkata Knight Riders face Chennai Super Kings
- Movies Ali Asgar & Charu Asopa's Akbar Ka Bal Birbal Ends Abruptly; The Actress Says They Are All Shocked
- Lifestyle Bigg Boss 14 Wild Card Entrants Naina Singh And Kavita Kaushik Sizzle In Gown, Who Looked Better?
- Finance Cabinet Hikes Ethanol Prices, To Benefit Sugarcane Farmers, Sugar Stocks
- News France: Knife-wielding man shot dead after attacking police in Avignon
- Education TNAU Rank List 2020: Check Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Rank List 2020 At tnau.ac.in
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Upto 50% Off On Laptops And Desktops
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
KTM India has confirmed the launch of their new Duke 790 for the Indian market. The new KTM Duke 790 will go on sale in the Indian market on the 23rd September.
The KTM Duke 790 once launched in the market will be the most powerful offering from the brand in the country. The Duke 790 has already been spotted arriving at select dealerships across India.
The motorcycle will not be available across all dealerships, but only certain select ones in each city. Officially, KTM is yet to open bookings for the motorcycle, however, certain dealers have already started accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs 30,000.
The KTM Duke 790 will come with a host of electronic rider aids, features and equipment. This includes a traction control system with lean angle sensitivity, motor slip regulation, stability control, separate track mode and a quickshifter+ for clutchless upshifts and downshifts.
In terms of mechanicals, the KTM 790 Duke will be powered by a 799cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine. It produces 104bhp at 9000rpm and 87Nm of peak torque at 8000rpm. It comes mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
The transmission will also come with a two-way quick-shifter and slipper clutch as standard. The Duke 790 will also offer four riding modes: Sports, Street, Rain and Track.
The KTM Duke 790 uses a steel frame chassis with the engine as a stressed member. The motorcycle uses 43mm WP upside-down front forks and an adjustable mono-shock suspension set up, again from WP. Braking is handled by dual 300mm discs at the front and a single 240mm disc brake at the rear; supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
The KTM Duke 790 will be imported into the Indian market as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit. It will be assembled at the Kawasaki line at Bajaj's Akurdi plant. Prices for the new KTM Duke 790 is expected to be in the range of Rs 8 lakh to Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New KTM Duke 790
The KTM Duke 790 will be the most powerful offering from the brand, once it goes on sale in the Indian market. The new KTM Duke 790 is one of the much-awaited offerings, along with the 390 Adventure in India.
Once launched in the market, the KTM Duke 790 will rival the likes of the Kawasaki Z900, Suzuki GSX-S750, Ducati Monster 797 and the Yamaha MT-09.