- 6 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 8 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 9 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
KTM India has confirmed the launch of their new Duke 790 for the Indian market. The new KTM Duke 790 will go on sale in the Indian market on the 23rd September.
The KTM Duke 790 once launched in the market will be the most powerful offering from the brand in the country. The Duke 790 has already been spotted arriving at select dealerships across India.
The motorcycle will not be available across all dealerships, but only certain select ones in each city. Officially, KTM is yet to open bookings for the motorcycle, however, certain dealers have already started accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs 30,000.
The KTM Duke 790 will come with a host of electronic rider aids, features and equipment. This includes a traction control system with lean angle sensitivity, motor slip regulation, stability control, separate track mode and a quickshifter+ for clutchless upshifts and downshifts.
In terms of mechanicals, the KTM 790 Duke will be powered by a 799cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine. It produces 104bhp at 9000rpm and 87Nm of peak torque at 8000rpm. It comes mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
The transmission will also come with a two-way quick-shifter and slipper clutch as standard. The Duke 790 will also offer four riding modes: Sports, Street, Rain and Track.
The KTM Duke 790 uses a steel frame chassis with the engine as a stressed member. The motorcycle uses 43mm WP upside-down front forks and an adjustable mono-shock suspension set up, again from WP. Braking is handled by dual 300mm discs at the front and a single 240mm disc brake at the rear; supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
The KTM Duke 790 will be imported into the Indian market as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit. It will be assembled at the Kawasaki line at Bajaj's Akurdi plant. Prices for the new KTM Duke 790 is expected to be in the range of Rs 8 lakh to Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New KTM Duke 790
The KTM Duke 790 will be the most powerful offering from the brand, once it goes on sale in the Indian market. The new KTM Duke 790 is one of the much-awaited offerings, along with the 390 Adventure in India.
Once launched in the market, the KTM Duke 790 will rival the likes of the Kawasaki Z900, Suzuki GSX-S750, Ducati Monster 797 and the Yamaha MT-09.