- 12 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- Technology Realme XT 730G, Realme AirPods India Launch Slated For December 17
- News Direct link to check AP DSC SGT Result 2019
- Finance 3 Beaten Down Shares That Can Yield Good Returns
- Sports Woodland profits as Reed implodes but Tiger two back in Bahamas
- Movies Dabangg 3: Newbie Saiee Manjrekar Was Not Intimidated Working With Salman Khan
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
KTM has unveiled the 890 Duke R at the ongoing EICMA 2019. The new KTM 890 Duke R is the latest addition to the brand's middle-weight segment offerings. The new KTM 890 Duke R is based on the 790 Duke and is positioned above in the brand's lineup.
The new KTM 890 Duke R carries forward a similar design as its smaller sibling. However, the larger 890 Duke R comes with certain changes, to help differentiate between the two models.
This includes a new white and orange paint scheme, orange-coloured wheel rims and a rear seat cowl as well. The new 890 Duke R also comes with a slightly raised seat height and higher ground clearance than its 790 Duke sibling as well.
The KTM 890 Duke R even carries over all the good bits from the 790 Duke. This includes the design and the electronics package. The 890 Duke comes packed with features such as cornering ABS, traction control, launch control, multiple riding modes and switchable ABS.
Other standard features also include the LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lights, TFT colour display with Bluetooth connectivity for the smartphone and a host of others.
The new KTM 890 Duke R comes powered by a larger 890cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine. It produces 120bhp and 99Nm of torque. This is 15bhp and 14Nm of torque more than the 790 Duke.
The suspension duties on the KTM 890 Duke are through fully-adjustable WP Apex systems at both ends. Braking is handled by Brembo with twin 320mm discs at the front and a single 240mm disc at the rear.
The KTM 890 Duke will go on sale globally in the coming weeks. However, KTM might skip the Indian market for the time being. The Austrian company recently launched the 790 Duke in the Indian market.
The new KTM 790 Duke is currently limited to just 100 units in the country, with KTM re-launching the model once again at a later stage with the BS-VI compliant engine.
KTM also took the opportunity to unveil the 390 Adventure at EICMA 2019. The KTM 390 Adventure is one of the most-awaited motorcycles in the Indian market. KTM is expected to launch the 390 Adventure in India in December during IBW — here are all the details.
Thoughts On The KTM 890 Duke R Unveil
The KTM 890 Duke R can be stated as a 790 Duke on steroids. The new 890 Duke offers extreme performance combined with all the electronic packages one can expect out of a naked streetfighter.