- 7 hrs ago Jawa Owners F’rust’rated With Quality Of Motorcycles: Is This The Beginning Of The End?
- 8 hrs ago KTM Put Rumors To Rest By Shipping Duke 790s To Dealerships Across The Country
- 11 hrs ago Will BS-IV Vehicles Purchased Till March 2020 Remain Operational: Here's The Government's Decision
- 13 hrs ago Jawa Owners Cancel Bookings: Delivery Estimator Shows Increased Waiting Period & Other Problems
- News FATF review: Pakistan failed 32 of 40 parameters
- Finance 7 Best HDFC Mutual Fund Schemes You Must Buy
- Movies Porinju Mariam Jose Box Office Collections Day 1: Makes A Solid And Promising Opening!
- Sports West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2 Highlights: Ishant takes five to put India in command
- Technology Amazon Onam Offers 2019 – Laptops, Headphones, Speakers And More On Discount
- Lifestyle Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Dress Up Like A Diva In These Yellow-Hued Ethnic Outfits
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The launch of the KTM 790 Duke has been postponed, again! This is not the first time that the launch of the KTM 790 Duke in India has been postponed and so we shouldn't really be surprised. But this bike is one of the most-awaited motorcycles and hence KTM has surprised us once again by not launching it.
According to a report by Autocar, the KTM 790 Duke will not be launched this year, but the launch of mid-weight streetfighter has been pushed to 2020.The problem is apparently with the homologation process.
The motorcycle is required to be homologated by motor vehicle authorities in order for it to go on sale in the Indian market. This is exactly where the KTM 790 Duke is stuck.
The motorcycle was spotted at the Bajaj training facility in February this year and reliable sources have confirmed that a couple of 790 Duke motorcycles have been placed at the homologation facilities.
While we Indians still have a long wait ahead of us to get our hands on the 790 Duke, riders in a few International markets already have been experiencing the motorcycle.
It is powered by a liquid-cooled, 799cc parallel-twin motor. It boasts of a maximum power output of 105bhp and a peak torque output of 86Nm. With a kerb weight figure of 174 kilograms, the KTM 790 Duke is one of the lightest motorcycles in its segment.
This directly contributes to the riding experience thanks to the excellent power-to-weight ratio. Also contributing to the thrilling experience is a brilliantly set up chassis arrangement with the engine acting as a stressed member. Adding to this is the 43mm WP upside-down fork up front and the pre-load adjustable monoshock at the rear.
Braking duties are handled by twin 300mm discs up front with radially-mounted 4-piston brake calipers. At the rear is a 240mm disc with a 2-piston caliper. The KTM 790 Duke makes use of advanced electronics and rider aids to make sure that riding the motorcycle remains a pleasurable experience.
It features Bosch Cornering ABS with a Supermoto mode in which the rear ABS channel can be disengaged to allow the rider to have some fun. It also comes with lean angle-sensing traction control, launch control, four riding modes and even a bi-directional quick-shifter.
A few KTM dealers in India had started accepting bookings for the motorcycle with a token amount of Rs 30,000 as there were quite a few enthusiasts who just couldn't wait for the motorcycle to be launched. But now those who have made the bookings will recieve the bad news that the launch has been postponed.
The KTM 790 Duke will be produced at the Bajaj Auto plant in Pune where the KTM 125, 200, 250 and 390 Duke and RC are currently being produced. The Duke 790 too will be produced with a certain amount of localisation, but the degree of localisation won't be too high, hence we cannot expect revolutionary pricing for the KTM 790 Duke.
When launched, it will compete with the Suzuki GSX-S750, the Triumph Street Triple 765 and the Kawasaki Ninja Z900. It is expected that the KTM 790 Duke will undercut all its rivals in terms of pricing.
Thoughts On KTM 790 Duke Launch Postponed To 2020
This is certainly bad news for the KTM buffs who have eagerly been waiting for the motorcycle to be launched. This includes those who want to purchase the motorcycle as well as those who just want to see it on Indian roads. We can only hope that it will be launched as soon as possible.