- 12 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 13 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 15 hrs ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 18 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- Technology Best Water Proof Portable Bluetooth Speakers To Buy In India
- News Assam Polls: Congress announces candidates for 40 seats
- Education SSC MTS Result 2021: SSC Declares MTS Final Result And Merit List
- Sports Ex-Ranji cricketer who cheated firms posing as minister’s secretary held in Telangana
- Movies Splitsvilla 13 Grand Premiere Episode Highlights: Sunny Leone And Rannvijay Singha Introduce The Contestants
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Mythological Stories Of Lord Shiva That You Need To Know
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The KTM 790 Adventure Motorcycle was first showcased at the 2019 IBW in Goa, along with the 390 Adventure. KTM unveiled the 390 Adventure at the event, however, there was no word about the bigger capacity Adventure from the brand getting to India shores, until now.
KTM could is expected to bring the 790 Adventure to the country through CKD route, similar to its naked sibling the 790 Duke, which was launched earlier in 2019. The 790 Adventure could be localized to some extent, as the 790 Duke is facing spare parts availability due to zero localization.
The 790 Adventure borrows its design cues from its elder sibling the 1290 Adventure. However, there are some revisions made to the headlamp cluster. The tall adjustable windscreen and wide seats helps in long distance travelling. Up-right riding stance further helps in munching miles and while off-roading as well. Addition of hand guards as standard is a plus as well.
The 790 Adventure is powered by the same 799cc parallel-twin engine as the 790 Duke. However, the engine is under a different state of tune to meet the adventure-tourer requirements. The engine produces maximum power output of 94bhp at 8,250RPM and a peak torque output of 88Nm at 6,600RPM. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Suspension duties on the adventure motorcycle are handled by a 43mm non-adjustable upside-down fork at the front, while the rear features a preload adjustable monoshock, both from WP. The electronic rider aids include motorcycle traction control, cornering ABS and four riding modes: Street, Off-road, Rain & Rally. The KTM 790 Adventure rides on a spoked 21-inch wheel up front and a spoked 18-inch wheel at the rear. It also gets dual-purpose tyres to handle both on and off-road terrain.
The 790 Adventure when launched in India, will rival over the likes of Triumph Tiger 800, BMW 850GS; among others. The KTM 790 Adventure is expected to be launched in India with a price tag of around Rs 10-11 lakh (ex-showroom).
Thoughts About The KTM 790 Adventure Launched In India
KTM 790 Adventure is an ideal motorcycle for India. The adventure motorcycle can take on rough terrain with ease or become a comfortable touring motorcycle for long journeys. KTM is looking to offer multiple options to their buyers with 250cc, 390cc and 790cc adventure motorcycles in the pipeline. KTM ecosystem is certainly growing and only thing missing is a super sport motorcycle like the much loved RC8.