- 11 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 14 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
KTM India is all set to introduce its first adventure-tourer motorcycle offering in the country, with the 390 Adventure. The new KTM 390 Adventure has been confirmed to go on sale in the Indian market in January 2020.
However, the 390 Adventure isn't the only ADV planned for the Indian market by KTM. According to Autocar India, KTM is said to be working on introducing the 250 Adventure in India as well. The new KTM 250 Adventure is said to go on sale in the Indian market in mid-2020. It will be positioned below the 390 Adventure, making it the entry-level offering in the ADV segment from KTM.
*Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
The new KTM 250 Adventure is expected to carry forward the same design, chassis and frame as its larger sibling. However, there will be a number of minor differences which will help differentiate between the two ADV motorcycle offerings.
The KTM 250 Adventure will also carry forward the same body panels, belly pan, fuel tank extensions, radiator shroud and tail section. However, the entry-level ADV will come with different body graphics as compared to the 390 Adventure. The KTM 250 Adventure will also feature a halogen headlamp unit, instead of the full-LED unit on its larger sibling.
Sources also state that the KTM 250 Adventure will come with the same set of alloy wheels, with similar tyre profiles as well. This includes a set of 19-inch and 17-inch wheels at the front and rear, respectively. The tyre profiles on the 250 Adventure will also be identical to the 390cc ADV with 100/90 front and 130/80 rear profiles.
The KTM 250 Adventure will also get most of the features as its larger sibling, including the TFT display, 43mm USD forks up front and a mono-shock suspension at the rear. However, we can expect it to miss out on certain features as well.
In terms of power output, the new KTM 250 Adventure will carry forward a BS-VI version of the same 249cc engine from the Duke 250. The engine comes in the form of a single-cylinder liquid-cooled unit producing 30bhp and 24Nm of torque, paired to a six-speed gearbox.
Thoughts On The KTM 250 Adventure
The KTM 390 Adventure has been one of the most-awaited ADV models in the Indian market for a long time. Now, the arrival of its smaller sibling, the 250 Adventure is great news as well. We expect the KTM 250 Adventure to perform extremely well in the Indian market in terms of sales. Once launched in India, the closest rival to the KTM 250 Adventure will be the Hero XPulse 200 and the BMW G 310 GS.