- 5 hrs ago New BMW R 18 Cruiser Production-Spec Model Unveiled: To Rival The Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe
- 6 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Hyundai Verna Facelift, Kia Sonet Interiors Spied, Honda Jazz BS6, & More
- 16 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Bullet 350 BS6, Scooty Pep Plus, Bajaj Pulsar Range Launched & More
- 16 hrs ago KTM & BMW Motorrad Opt Out Of 2020 EICMA, INTERMOT Motor Shows Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
- News Anti-parasitic drug kills coronavirus within 48 hours in lab grown cells: Study
- Sports On This Day in 2005: MS Dhoni announced his arrival at big stage with his first ODI century in Visakhapatnam
- Lifestyle Qubool Hai Actress Surbhi Jyoti Wows In Peach Flared Ruffle Dress In Her Latest Photoshoot
- Technology Paytm Offering 50% Cashback On 4G Add-On Packs
- Movies Neha Pendse On Lockdown Being Compared To Bigg Boss: ‘BB Is True Hell, This Is La-la Land’
- Finance Airlines Are Accepting Flight Bookings From 15 April
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
- Education ETS Offers At-Home Solutions For TOEFL And GRE Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
KTM India is all set to introduce its first adventure-tourer motorcycle offering in the country, with the 390 Adventure. The new KTM 390 Adventure has been confirmed to go on sale in the Indian market in January 2020.
However, the 390 Adventure isn't the only ADV planned for the Indian market by KTM. According to Autocar India, KTM is said to be working on introducing the 250 Adventure in India as well. The new KTM 250 Adventure is said to go on sale in the Indian market in mid-2020. It will be positioned below the 390 Adventure, making it the entry-level offering in the ADV segment from KTM.
*Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
The new KTM 250 Adventure is expected to carry forward the same design, chassis and frame as its larger sibling. However, there will be a number of minor differences which will help differentiate between the two ADV motorcycle offerings.
The KTM 250 Adventure will also carry forward the same body panels, belly pan, fuel tank extensions, radiator shroud and tail section. However, the entry-level ADV will come with different body graphics as compared to the 390 Adventure. The KTM 250 Adventure will also feature a halogen headlamp unit, instead of the full-LED unit on its larger sibling.
Sources also state that the KTM 250 Adventure will come with the same set of alloy wheels, with similar tyre profiles as well. This includes a set of 19-inch and 17-inch wheels at the front and rear, respectively. The tyre profiles on the 250 Adventure will also be identical to the 390cc ADV with 100/90 front and 130/80 rear profiles.
The KTM 250 Adventure will also get most of the features as its larger sibling, including the TFT display, 43mm USD forks up front and a mono-shock suspension at the rear. However, we can expect it to miss out on certain features as well.
In terms of power output, the new KTM 250 Adventure will carry forward a BS-VI version of the same 249cc engine from the Duke 250. The engine comes in the form of a single-cylinder liquid-cooled unit producing 30bhp and 24Nm of torque, paired to a six-speed gearbox.
Thoughts On The KTM 250 Adventure
The KTM 390 Adventure has been one of the most-awaited ADV models in the Indian market for a long time. Now, the arrival of its smaller sibling, the 250 Adventure is great news as well. We expect the KTM 250 Adventure to perform extremely well in the Indian market in terms of sales. Once launched in India, the closest rival to the KTM 250 Adventure will be the Hero XPulse 200 and the BMW G 310 GS.