- 3 hrs ago Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- 9 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 12 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 14 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- Movies TBT Pic: Ranveer Singh & Ranbir Kapoor Seen Chilling Together On Tamasha Set Without Deepika!
- News Ready to face arrest: Priyanka Gandhi ups ante against UP govt over Sonbhadra incident
- Technology Hotstar Leads Entertainment Apps Installations: Study
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Kolkata based KSL Cleantech Ltd. has plans to launch new electric vehicles in the Indian market. The company plans to introduce as many as 10 electric vehicles, both two-wheelers and three-wheelers, within the next 12 months.
GoZero Mobility partnered with KSL Cleantech Ltd. for development and manufacture of electric bikes. GoZero Mobility says they will launch the "One" and "Mile" e-bikes in New Delhi at Rs 32,999 and Rs 29,999 respectively.
KSL Cleantech says they will also focus on small commercial and passenger vehicles. The company already offers electric three-wheelers in the Indian market and has a dealership network across the country.
The upcoming electric vehicles will be manufactured in India, and this will make for aggressive pricing. Local manufacturing will also help the vehicles qualify for incentives under the FAME-II scheme. The company also plans to invest over Rs 200 crore on the new vehicles.
Dhiraj Bhagchandka, Managing Director, KSL Cleantech Ltd., said, "The entire market for land transport will switch to electrification in the near future. The government wants to bring in EVs swiftly to tackle pollution, and this gives us an opportunity to address a market looking for quality and performance and show an EV can outperform."
"We have set an ambitious target of entering the EV space in a big way. We are considering and evaluating opportunities for setting up a manufacturing facility in India," he added.
The Indian Government has big plans for mass electrification of two and three wheelers. With the aim of reducing prices of the electric vehicles and boosting their sales, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has proposed removal of registration fees for all electric vehicles. More details will be available at the Union Budget that is scheduled for today, 5 July 2019.
In addition, the rather short timeline proposed by the government for mass electrification of vehicles under 150cc has seen resistance from two-wheeler manufacturers. Bajaj Auto and the TVS Motor Company have called the deadline of 2023 and 2025 for mass electrification of two and three wheelers as unrealistic and impractical.
Thoughts About KSL Cleantech Ltd. And GoZero Mobility Planing To Launch 10 Electric Vehicles
This is interesting. With the government wanting to make changes to the sub 150cc segment, companies like KSL Cleantech Ltd. and GoZero Mobility will definitely pop up. But launching 10 vehicle is audacious we think. There is no news of any infrastructure to support the electric vehicle that are in the market and definitely none to support 10 vehicles at once. We think the government needs to look in to this as soon as possible.