- 10 min ago Toyota Five-Continents Drive From India To Vietnam Flagged Off In Bangalore
- 1 hr ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- News Maharashtra Elections: Shiv Sena urges EC to hike poll expenditure limit
- Movies Mouni Roy Shares Video Of Her Car Damaged By Falling Rock At A Metro Site, Accuses Authorities
- Sports AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships: Amit Panghal, Manish Kaushik enter semi-finals to confirm medals
- Lifestyle Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Kolkata based KSL Cleantech Ltd. has plans to launch new electric vehicles in the Indian market. The company plans to introduce as many as 10 electric vehicles, both two-wheelers and three-wheelers, within the next 12 months.
GoZero Mobility partnered with KSL Cleantech Ltd. for development and manufacture of electric bikes. GoZero Mobility says they will launch the "One" and "Mile" e-bikes in New Delhi at Rs 32,999 and Rs 29,999 respectively.
KSL Cleantech says they will also focus on small commercial and passenger vehicles. The company already offers electric three-wheelers in the Indian market and has a dealership network across the country.
The upcoming electric vehicles will be manufactured in India, and this will make for aggressive pricing. Local manufacturing will also help the vehicles qualify for incentives under the FAME-II scheme. The company also plans to invest over Rs 200 crore on the new vehicles.
Dhiraj Bhagchandka, Managing Director, KSL Cleantech Ltd., said, "The entire market for land transport will switch to electrification in the near future. The government wants to bring in EVs swiftly to tackle pollution, and this gives us an opportunity to address a market looking for quality and performance and show an EV can outperform."
"We have set an ambitious target of entering the EV space in a big way. We are considering and evaluating opportunities for setting up a manufacturing facility in India," he added.
The Indian Government has big plans for mass electrification of two and three wheelers. With the aim of reducing prices of the electric vehicles and boosting their sales, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has proposed removal of registration fees for all electric vehicles. More details will be available at the Union Budget that is scheduled for today, 5 July 2019.
In addition, the rather short timeline proposed by the government for mass electrification of vehicles under 150cc has seen resistance from two-wheeler manufacturers. Bajaj Auto and the TVS Motor Company have called the deadline of 2023 and 2025 for mass electrification of two and three wheelers as unrealistic and impractical.
Thoughts About KSL Cleantech Ltd. And GoZero Mobility Planing To Launch 10 Electric Vehicles
This is interesting. With the government wanting to make changes to the sub 150cc segment, companies like KSL Cleantech Ltd. and GoZero Mobility will definitely pop up. But launching 10 vehicle is audacious we think. There is no news of any infrastructure to support the electric vehicle that are in the market and definitely none to support 10 vehicles at once. We think the government needs to look in to this as soon as possible.