- 13 min ago TVS Employees Take Pay Cut For Six Months Due To Covid-19 Pandemic: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Plus Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 18 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 18 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- Sports Sri Lanka Cricket to suspend the contract of Shehan Madushanka for carrying heroin
- Technology Jio Phone 3 Booking Done Online? Expected Price, Features
- Lifestyle Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande Get Creative With White Eyeshadow For Rain On Me Music Video
- Movies Renuka Shahane, Ashutosh Rana Celebrate Wedding Anniversary With A 19-Year-Old Throwback Pic
- Finance Glenmark Pharma To Study Potential COVID-19 Drug Combo; Shares Gain 5th Straight Day
- News Coronavirus outbreak: Bihar to soon reach 3,000-mark; State govt blames migrant workers
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Kawasaki India has launched the new BS6-compliant Z650 motorcycle in the Indian market. 2020 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 motorcycle is priced between Rs 6.25 lakh and Rs 6.50 lakh, ex-showroom. The new motorcycle will cost around Rs 55,000 more than the previous BS4 model.
The new 2020 Z650 is the second motorcycle to achieve BS-VI compliance from their Indian line-up, after the Z900. The revisions are made to Z650's exhaust and air-box to comply with the upcoming BS6 emission norms in 2020.
The middle-weight naked motorcycle will continue to be powered by the same liquid-cooled, parallel-twin, 649cc engine, which is now made BS-VI complaint. It produces 67.3bhp at 8,000rpm and a peak torque of 65.7Nm at 6,500rpm. The engine will continue to come mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The 2020 Kawasaki Z650 is revised with few design changes and inclusion of new equipment on-board. The new motorcycle features a sharper ‘Sugomi' design with redesigned headlights. It also features a new instrument console in the form of a 4.3-inch TFT screen. The new instrument cluster is also Bluetooth enabled for smartphone pairing. Rider can use Kawasaki's ‘Rideology' smartphone application for added connectivity features.
The BS6 Z650's tyres are now updated to a pair of Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2. Apart from the above changes, the motorcycle will carry forward all other mechanicals from the previous model of the Z650.
The Z650 naked motorcycle comes equipped with a 41mm telescopic suspension on the front and a monoshock unit at the rear with preload adjustability. The braking duties are handled by a 300mm petal disc at the front and 220mm unit at the rear, ABS is offered as standard.
The middle-weight sport bike category in India receives its first BS-VI motorcycle. Kawasaki started their BS6 update with the launch of their Z900 Supernaked motorcycle in the country. The new motorcycle is also revised with few feature additions as well — here are more details.
The BS-VI emission norms deadline is set to April 1, 2020. As the deadline is nearing, we are seeing all the manufacturers updated their BS4 models to the new emission compliance. However, Kawasaki seems to have gotten a head start in the premium motorcycle category.
Thoughts About The 2020 Z650 BS-VI Naked Motorcycle Launched In India.
Kawasaki scores well in consumer convenience for launching two BS-VI motorcycles way ahead of the deadline. Also, Japanese manufacturer used the opportunity to update their motorcycles with additional features like Bluetooth enabled smartphone connectivity and are in line with the trend. Kudos Kawasaki!