- 58 min ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 1 hr ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 1 hr ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- 2 hrs ago Kia Motors To Officially Unveil The Seltos Tomorrow — Ready For A Power Surprise?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: PCB chief Mani assures Pakistan team of full support
- News 'Blind trust in private agency': EAC-PM rejects Subramanian's GDP claims
- Movies Surbhi Chandna, Nakuul Mehta, Divyanka Tripathi & Other TV Actors Who Are Highly Educated!
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Technology Xiaomi Teases The Launch Of Its Mi Electric Shaver In India – All You Need To Know
- Finance Bengaluru Enters Top 10 APAC Cities List For Real Estate FDI
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Kawasaki India will launch their new 2019 W800 retro-styled motorcycle soon. The 2019 Kawasaki W800 was showcased at last year's EICMA. The W800 was first expected to go on sale in the Indian market back in 2016, however, the plan was scrapped later. The new Kawasaki W800 will go on sale in the Indian market sometime before August this year.
The Kawasaki W800 is the latest successor to the brand's 'W' series motorcycles, with a vertical-twin engine configuration. A vertical-twin engine set up is basically a parallel-twin with different firing order and a 360-degree crank. This setup gives the Kawasaki W800 a unique exhaust note while also providing a 'strong low-mid range torque', as claimed by the brand.
The India-bound 2019 Kawasaki W800 comes powered by a 773cc vertical-twin air-cooled SOHC engine. It produces 47.5bhp at 6,500rpm and 62.9Nm of torque at 4,800rpm and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
In terms of suspension, the W800 comes with 41mm telescopic front forks and a twin shock-absorbers at the rear. Braking is handled by a single large 320mm disc at the front and a 270mm disc at the rear. The motorcycle further rides on a pair of 18-inch wheels
In terms of design, the new Kawasaki W800 comes with minimalistic front and rear styling. This includes minimalistic front and rear fenders, a single-seat unit which curves downwards for the rider, twin-pod instrument cluster and reserve fuel light.
The retro motorcycle does miss out on a fuel gauge while replacing all the chrome-bits from the previous model to blacked-out elements. However, it does feature a number of modern-day equipment, such as LED headlamps, slipper-clutch and dual-channel ABS as standard.
Internationally, the Kawasaki W800 is available in two variants — Street and Cafe. The Cafe racer variant also features a cowl around the headlight unit, along with a sportier seat. India might, however, get only the Street variant.
Once launched in India, the 2019 Kawasaki W800 will be brought into the country as a CKD unit. This will allow Kawasaki to price the retro motorcycle highly competitively in India.
Thoughts On The 2019 Kawasaki W800 India Launch
The Kawasaki W800 will be imported into India as a CKD unit from Thailand. Once launched in the country, it might be offered in a competitive price tag of around Rs 6 lakh, ex-showroom. The retro-styled motorcycle will compete against the likes of the upcoming new Triumph Street Twin and the Royal Enfield 650-twins (Interceptor and Continental GT 650)
Source: Autocar India