- 40 min ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Spotted Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers 18,539 Units Of Sales Post Lockdown
- 2 hrs ago MG Gloster To Be Locally Assembled: Expected India Launch During Diwali
- 4 hrs ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Toyota Registers 1,639 Units Of Sales Since Resuming Operations
- News Mumbai experiences cloudy sky, light showers as Cyclone Nisarga forms in Arabian Sea
- Sports Justice for George Floyd: Soccer out of touch suppressing on-field activism
- Lifestyle Why Dry Shaving Is Bad For Your Skin
- Finance India's Unemployment Rate In May Stays At 23%
- Technology Do Not Install Windows 10, Version 2004 Update On Your PC Or Laptop
- Movies Mahesh Babu's Revelation About Having A Crush On This Actress Will Make You Go ‘Aww’!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Kawasaki India will launch their new 2019 W800 retro-styled motorcycle soon. The 2019 Kawasaki W800 was showcased at last year's EICMA. The W800 was first expected to go on sale in the Indian market back in 2016, however, the plan was scrapped later. The new Kawasaki W800 will go on sale in the Indian market sometime before August this year.
The Kawasaki W800 is the latest successor to the brand's 'W' series motorcycles, with a vertical-twin engine configuration. A vertical-twin engine set up is basically a parallel-twin with different firing order and a 360-degree crank. This setup gives the Kawasaki W800 a unique exhaust note while also providing a 'strong low-mid range torque', as claimed by the brand.
The India-bound 2019 Kawasaki W800 comes powered by a 773cc vertical-twin air-cooled SOHC engine. It produces 47.5bhp at 6,500rpm and 62.9Nm of torque at 4,800rpm and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
In terms of suspension, the W800 comes with 41mm telescopic front forks and a twin shock-absorbers at the rear. Braking is handled by a single large 320mm disc at the front and a 270mm disc at the rear. The motorcycle further rides on a pair of 18-inch wheels
In terms of design, the new Kawasaki W800 comes with minimalistic front and rear styling. This includes minimalistic front and rear fenders, a single-seat unit which curves downwards for the rider, twin-pod instrument cluster and reserve fuel light.
The retro motorcycle does miss out on a fuel gauge while replacing all the chrome-bits from the previous model to blacked-out elements. However, it does feature a number of modern-day equipment, such as LED headlamps, slipper-clutch and dual-channel ABS as standard.
Internationally, the Kawasaki W800 is available in two variants — Street and Cafe. The Cafe racer variant also features a cowl around the headlight unit, along with a sportier seat. India might, however, get only the Street variant.
Once launched in India, the 2019 Kawasaki W800 will be brought into the country as a CKD unit. This will allow Kawasaki to price the retro motorcycle highly competitively in India.
Thoughts On The 2019 Kawasaki W800 India Launch
The Kawasaki W800 will be imported into India as a CKD unit from Thailand. Once launched in the country, it might be offered in a competitive price tag of around Rs 6 lakh, ex-showroom. The retro-styled motorcycle will compete against the likes of the upcoming new Triumph Street Twin and the Royal Enfield 650-twins (Interceptor and Continental GT 650)
Source: Autocar India