- 17 min ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- 1 hr ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- Sports Coronavirus: Bayern players accept salary cut until 'end of season'
- Movies Irrfan Khan’s Friend Reveals He Had Raised Funds For COVID-19 Relief; Did Not Want Anyone To Know
- Technology Mubadala, Microsoft, Twitter Might Invest In Reliance Jio Platforms: Report
- News 57% worried of high-priced COVID-19 treatment in pvt hospitals: Survey
- Lifestyle Indo-Mediterranean Diet And Heart Health: What Is The Link?
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Kawasaki India launched the new Ninja ZX-6R in the country at a starting price of Rs 10.49 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi) in January 2019. Bookings for the same were already started towards the end of 2018, for an amount of Rs 1.50 lakh. Now, the very first unit of the 600cc supersport motorcycle has been delivered.
The new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R is regarded as an ideal track weapon and has grabbed many titles in various 600cc motorsport events, internationally. Even though there is quite a bunch of 600cc motorcycles on the Indian market, including the Honda CBR650F (soon to be replaced by the CBR650R), none of them is as performance-focussed as the '6R'.
Speaking about the delivery, Naoki Matsumoto, MD of India Kawasaki Motors Pvt. Ltd. shared, "The Ninja ZX-6R created a great stir when its entry in the Indian market was announced. Because the Ninja ZX-6R is an ambitious project for us, starting deliveries of the Ninja ZX-6R is indeed an exciting moment. We hope that our customers relish riding Ninja ZX-6R on the streets as well as on race tracks."
The new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R is powered by a 636cc liquid-cooled inline-four engine making 128bhp at 13,500rpm and 70.8Nm at 11,000rpm. The power plant is mated to a six-speed transmission and further assisted by a quick-shifter.
The India-spec 'Ninja 6R' is available in only two shades: Pearl Storm Gray/Metallic Spark Black and Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Flat Spark Black. In terms of equipment, the 600cc Kawasaki motorcycle features full-LED headlamps, three-stage traction control, two riding modes, Showa suspension, Bridgestone Battlax S22 rubber, etc.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R is still a usable motorcycle with its decent kerb weight of 196kg. Ground clearance and seat height stand at 130mm and 830mm, respectively. It sits below the litre-class Ninja ZX-10R in Kawasaki India's product portfolio.
Kawasaki also sells the Ninja 650, but that is a twin-cylinder motorcycle primarily aimed to be a tourer. As of now, there are no direct rivals to the ZX-6R. However, the next-generation Triumph Daytona could just be one.
Thoughts On The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R carries a really high price tag considering its engine displacement, and especially compared to all the other 600-700cc motorcycles in India. However, the 6R is a high-revving motorcycle which promises an awesome riding experience; basically making it a track bike for the road.