- 11 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 11 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 12 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 13 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- Technology Best Samsung Smartphones With USB Type-C Port To Buy Under Rs. 20,000
- News Cyclone Vayu, headed for North Gujarat, to weaken further
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Kawasaki India launched the new Ninja ZX-6R in the country at a starting price of Rs 10.49 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi) in January 2019. Bookings for the same were already started towards the end of 2018, for an amount of Rs 1.50 lakh. Now, the very first unit of the 600cc supersport motorcycle has been delivered.
The new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R is regarded as an ideal track weapon and has grabbed many titles in various 600cc motorsport events, internationally. Even though there is quite a bunch of 600cc motorcycles on the Indian market, including the Honda CBR650F (soon to be replaced by the CBR650R), none of them is as performance-focussed as the '6R'.
Speaking about the delivery, Naoki Matsumoto, MD of India Kawasaki Motors Pvt. Ltd. shared, "The Ninja ZX-6R created a great stir when its entry in the Indian market was announced. Because the Ninja ZX-6R is an ambitious project for us, starting deliveries of the Ninja ZX-6R is indeed an exciting moment. We hope that our customers relish riding Ninja ZX-6R on the streets as well as on race tracks."
The new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R is powered by a 636cc liquid-cooled inline-four engine making 128bhp at 13,500rpm and 70.8Nm at 11,000rpm. The power plant is mated to a six-speed transmission and further assisted by a quick-shifter.
The India-spec 'Ninja 6R' is available in only two shades: Pearl Storm Gray/Metallic Spark Black and Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Flat Spark Black. In terms of equipment, the 600cc Kawasaki motorcycle features full-LED headlamps, three-stage traction control, two riding modes, Showa suspension, Bridgestone Battlax S22 rubber, etc.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R is still a usable motorcycle with its decent kerb weight of 196kg. Ground clearance and seat height stand at 130mm and 830mm, respectively. It sits below the litre-class Ninja ZX-10R in Kawasaki India's product portfolio.
Kawasaki also sells the Ninja 650, but that is a twin-cylinder motorcycle primarily aimed to be a tourer. As of now, there are no direct rivals to the ZX-6R. However, the next-generation Triumph Daytona could just be one.
Thoughts On The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R carries a really high price tag considering its engine displacement, and especially compared to all the other 600-700cc motorcycles in India. However, the 6R is a high-revving motorcycle which promises an awesome riding experience; basically making it a track bike for the road.