- 1 hr ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 1 hr ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News RSS slams critics for 'politicising' Bhagwat's remark clarifies outfit's stand
- Sports PKL 2019: Haryana Steelers notch up a fighting victory over U Mumba
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 11 Premiere: Live Updates
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Jawa Motorcycles launched the Jawa and the Jawa Forty-Two back in the Indian market on 15th November 2018. They proved to be such a success that Jawa announced that all its units were sold out till September 2019.
However, it has been close to 8 months now since the bookings started and some customers who had booked the Jawas in the first week, are still waiting for the motorcycle to get delivered. The worst part about this waiting period was that none of the Jawa dealer or the company officials updated these customers about the delivery status.
Jawa Motorcycles said, "We're live with our Delivery Estimator! This gives you a delivery window of bookings done till 25th Dec 2018. We'd said your motorcycles will be home by Sept 2019 and are working towards that. The delivery status of bookings made after 25th December at dealerships will also be out soon. Stay tuned!" You can check the delivery date of your Jawa here - https://www.jawamotorcycles.com/delivery-estimator
In a recent interview with The Hindu Business Line, Ashish Joshi, Chief Executive Officer, Classic Legends said that the company is "overwhelmed with the initial response". He further added, "With about 2,500 components in the bike and over 700 suppliers supplying them, we are only as strong as that."
"It's not about building up your capacity, but it's about building up supplier capacity as well. And here we are, with a resurrected brand, a completely new motorcycle (with) a completely new set of suppliers supplying it to us - it takes a little while to get everything up to scale," Ashish also said.
Ashish Joshi has also stated that the company will be expanding its dealership network from current 105 dealerships to 120, in the next three months. Bhopal and Ajmer being the two most likely cities for the next dealerships.
The new Jawa 42 and the Jawa draws power from a 293cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine producing 27bhp and 28Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox. The engine used on the new Jawa motorcycles is based on the same power unit as seen on the Mahindra Mojo, but in a different state of tune.
The new Jawa motorcycle comes with a fuel tank capacity of 14-litres. We can expect the new Jawa to produce a mileage figure similar to its competitors at around 35km/l.
Thoughts On The Jawa Motorcycles
By bringing the Jawa motorcyces back to the Indian market the company has done a really good job as far as the legacy of the motorcycle is concerned. Now the company has said that they will expand their reach further for more and more people.