- 43 min ago Harley Davidson Bikes Offers & Discounts Announced: Massive Benefits Available With A Catch!
- 1 hr ago Bangalore Police Seizes 3,000+ Vehicles On May 10: Day One of Lockdown In Karnataka
- 2 hrs ago Ducati Streetfighter V4 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Set To Arrive In The Coming Weeks
- 3 hrs ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- News Active COVID cases down by over 30,000 in 24 hours first time in 61 days
- Movies Venom: Let There Be Carnage Trailer Gives First Look At Woody Harrelson's Carnage While Venom Settles On Earth
- Sports WTC Final: If you compare India and New Zealand squad, we have covered all the bases, says Parthiv Patel
- Finance This Broking Company Shares Rally 83% In Just 7 Trading Sessions Of May
- Technology Flipkart Realme Days Sale MAY 2021: Realme Narzo 20, Realme C25, Realme Narzo 30A, Realme X50 Pro And More
- Education Rajasthan Police Constable Answer Key 2021 Released At police.rajasthan.gov.in
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Jawa Motorcycles launched their all-new Perak offering in the Indian market recently. The all-new Jawa Perak is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.94 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Perak comes with a unique bobber-style design, allowing it to stand-out among other motorcycles in the market.
The Jawa Perak is also the third product from the brand in the Indian market. The Perak was launched exactly one year after the introduction of the Jawa and Jawa 42 models in India. It is also the range-topping model, priced higher than both other motorcycles in the lineup.
The Jawa Perak comes with a number of unique styling features. This includes a single-seat, teardrop fuel-tank, single-sided extended swingarm and bar-end mirrors.
That said, here are some of the top things to know about the bobber-style motorcycle:
Engine & Top Speed
The Jawa Perak comes with a modified version of the same engine as on the Jawa and Jawa 42. However, the Perak has a higher displacement, as well as increased power and torque outputs. The engine is also compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms as well.
The Jawa Perak is powered by a 334cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 30bhp and 31Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Jawa Motorcycles are yet to share any official performance figures of the Perak motorcycle. However, considering the power output and weight, we expect it to come with a top speed of around 150km/h to 160km/h.
Mileage & Fuel Tank Capacity
The Jawa Perak comes with the same fuel tank as the Jawa and Jawa 42 motorcycle. This includes the same 14-litre tank capacity as the others.
However, with slightly higher displacement and power output from the engine, we expect the Perak to return a lower mileage figure than the other two models. The fuel efficiency figures of the Jawa Perak will be in the range of 28 - 32km/l.
Seat Height, Kerb Weight & Wheelbase
The Jawa Perak comes as a single-seater motorcycle. Being a bobber-style motorcycle the Jawa Perak has a seat height of 750mm' lower than the Jawa and Jawa 42. The motorcycle has a kerb weight of 179kg, which isn't too bad for a motorcycle. However, at 1485mm the Jawa Perak is said to have one of the longest wheelbases in the country.
Tyres, Brakes & Suspension
The Jawa Perak comes with 18 and 17-inch wheels at the front and rear, respectively. The front tyres come with 100/90 cross-section while the rear tyre has a 100/90 profile.
Braking on the Jawa Perak is handled by disc brakes on either end, this includes 2800mm disc upfront and a 240mm disc at the rear. The brakes are further supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
The suspension on the Jawa Perak is through telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. The rear mono-shock is positioned below the rider's seat and comes with 7-step adjustability.
The Jawa Perak, unlike other motorcycles, is offered with a single colour scheme. This includes a black paint scheme, along with gold pin-striping all around. There is absolutely no chrome on the motorcycle, with even the exhaust pipes being blacked-out.
Bookings & Deliveries
The Jawa Perak might have launched in India recently. However, bookings for the motorcycle will only start from the 1st of January 2020. Deliveries of the Jawa Perak, on the other hand, will begin only from April; once the BS-VI emission norms are implemented.
Thoughts On The Jawa Perak Bobber Motorcycle
The Jawa Perak is a very unique motorcycle in the Indian market. The motorcycle stands-out among the rest, with its single-seat, extended swingarm and overall design. The motorcycle in India rivals the likes of the Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 and the Benelli Imperiale 400.