- 40 min ago New Norton V4 RR Superbike Unveil Scheduled For Year-End: First Model Under New TVS Ownership
- 1 hr ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 Digital Instrument Cluster Display Revealed: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Renault Winter Service Camp Announced In India: Here Are All Details
- 17 hrs ago Porsche Taycan Creates New Drifting World Record: Longest Drift In An Electric Vehicle
- Sports India tour of Australia: No room for abuse, plenty for banter, says Justin Langer
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Calls Dhoom 2 His Induction Into School Of How To Be Sexy; Read His Post
- News BSF Constable Recruitment 2020 full list: Check here
- Education SSB ASI Admit Card 2020 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Finance Bitcoin Investment Is For Long Term; To Scale To Rs. 1 Crore By 2030: Analysts
- Technology Infinix Zero 8i India Launch Officially Confirmed; Arriving On December 2
- Lifestyle Surbhi Jyoti Leaves Us Speechless With Her Bold Dual Toned Eye Make-Up Look
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Jawa Motorcycles made a return to India after over a decade and has been in the news very often. One of the three models that are retailing in the country, the Jawa 42, has been very successful. The motorcycle was launched last year, and has been doing it's bit to take on the Royal Enfield 350 series.
Jawa recently launched accessories for their range of bikes so owners can customize their motorcycles, but there are folk who already begun customizing their machines. Pune based Autologue Design has just unveiled the first Jawa 42 based scrambler and what a job they've done!
Nicknamed the Scrambler 42, Autologue Design says the custom job was inspired by the International Six Days Trials styled Jawa known for its off-road capabilities. The Scrambler 42 looks motivated, and theatrical from every angle.
The first thing one notices are the scrambler styled exhaust pipes. Surprisingly, they're stock units that have been worked on. The scrambler styled exhaust pipes give the motorcycle an aggressive ready-to-go look. The motorcycle features aftermarket off-road tyres, and both fenders have been replaced by motocross inspired units.
The headlight assembly has been replaced with face-plates and a headlamp can be mounted whenever needed. The custom saddle features a ribbed pattern and the tan used on it looks gorgeous. There are no visible changes in the foot pegs.
The engine has been finished in black and the gearbox has retained it's original chrome finish. The tank features white and yellow stripes that add a certain amount of ‘sport' if you will. Custom black tank pads have been installed for much needed grip while sliding around a muddy corner.
A red and yellow paint scheme add more character to the Scrambler 42. While there is no information about any engine enhancements, Autologue Design has reduced the weight of the motorcycle through this custom build. Coupled with the new exhaust system makes for better performance.
The stock Jawa 42 is powered by a 293cc, single cylinder, liquid cooled engine that produces 27bhp of power and 28Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to six-speed transmission. The motorcycle retails for Rs 1.55 lakh (ex-showroom, India). We had a quick chat with the lads at Autologue Design and they said the Scrambler 42 cost Rs 1.50 lakh to build.
Thoughts About The Jawa 42 Modified To Look Like A Scrambler
Autologue Design has set the bar really high for future Jawa based mod jobs. We reckon that the motorcycle also features a performance air-filter and may be a re-mapped ECU. Either way, we're thinking of paying these lads a visit shortly. There's so much more to know about this build!