- 10 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- News CBI books sitting Allahabad High Court judge in bribery case
- Movies Dabangg 3: Newbie Saiee Manjrekar Was Not Intimidated Working With Salman Khan
- Sports I-League 2019-20: NFC 1-0 AFC: Neroca prevail in the first Northeastern Derby of the season
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Color Options Revealed: Rumored Specs, Launch Date And More
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
Bollywood actor and legend, Jackie Shroff has just bought himself a Royal Enfield Continental GT 650. The actor bought his all-new GT 650 from Brahma Motors, which is located at Sangamwadi in Pune. Jackie chose the Mr Clean colour (basically all chrome) for himself and seems very pleased with the motorcycle and the colour he chose.
The Mr Clean trim is the most expensive of Royal Enfield's 650 twins, standing at Rs 3.5 lakh (on-road, Pune). However, at that price, it still is the cheapest twin-cylinder, cafe racer styled motorcycles in the country.
The Continental GT 650 features clip-on handlebars, a long, chiseled fuel tank, a seat cowl, and rear mounted foot pegs. The motorcycle has an almost sporty and aggressive seating style. The ergonomics of the Continental GT 650 are fairly aggressive, making it suitable for aggressive, fit riders.
The Continental GT 650 shares its underpinnings and engine with the Interceptor 650. The Interceptor is the cheaper of the two twins, and offers a more relaxed ride, making for long distance riding.
Both motorcycles feature a 648cc, four stroke, twin-cylinder engine that produces 47bhp of power, and 52Nm of torque. The parallel twin engine features a 270-degree firing order, is air-oil cooled, and features four valve heads running a single overhead camshaft.
The motorcycles offer extremely refined performance across the rev-range, and a flat-torque curve with over 80 percent of the torque available from 2,500rpm.The Royal Enfield 650 Twins are currently priced between Rs 2.56 lakh and Rs 2.92 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
In related news, Royal Enfield is thinking of concentrating heavily on upgrading its 350cc platform and engine. The company is also thinking of discontinuing its range of 500cc motorcycles as it says domestic and international demand for the motorcycles do not justify upgrading to BS-VI specs.
Royal Enfield is also working towards upgrading their Himalayan 401 motorcycle and expects to launch a newer, more powerful motorcycle in the near future.
Thoughts About Jackie Shroff Buying The Continental GT
One would have thought that Jaggu Dada was more the cruiser kinda guy. Of course, that thought process is wrong. Jackie has always been a bit of a gangster in his locality in Bombay, and we understand that even those who are gangsters in their own backyards want machines that are aggressive. Good choice Mr Shroff! Enjoy the bike!