- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Maharashtra, Haryana Election 2019: BJP looks to retain power, Congress eyes comeback
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Flaunts A Jacket Gifted By Karan Johar, Hilariously Demands A Pair Of Heels!
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Indian Motorcycle will be launching the FTR 1200 in the Indian market later this month. Two variants of the Indian FTR 1200 will be launched on 19 August, 2019. One is the FTR 1200 S and the other is the FTR 1200 Race Replica. Prices for both motorcycles were revealed last year, but the actual launch of the bikes took longer than expected.
Indian Motorcycle is one of the oldest motorcycle manufacturers in the world. It was founded in 1901 and over a span of 118 years has permanently cemented its place in the pages of motorcycling history.
In over a century of making motorcycles, Indian Motorcycle has largely stuck to making different types of cruisers. The company's motorcycles saw a slight change in design and handling when it entered the world of motorsport.
The most popular type of motor race in America is flat-track racing. It involves sliding the motorcycle as fast as possible on a loose dirt surface. Indian Motorcycle entered the sport to compete with Harley-Davidson and made the FTR 750 race bike just for this purpose.
It wasn't too long before the FTR 750 became extremely popular and the motorcycle gained legendary status in the flat-track racing world. Why the brief history lesson? Well, it is because the FTR 1200 S and the FTR 1200 Race Replica are both motorcycles that are inspired by the legendary FTR 750.
They are basically flat-track replicas for the road. In December 2018, Indian Motorcycle announced the prices for the FTR 1200 S at Rs 14.99 lakh and the FTR 1200 Race Replica at Rs 15.49 lakh.
Being scramblers, both motorcycles stand out among a crowd of cruisers in the Indian Motorcycle line-up. The FTR 1200 S and FTR 1200 Race replica are powered by the same liquid-cooled, 1,203cc, V-Twin engine with a maximum power output of 120bhp and a peak torque output of 112.3Nm. A 6-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel.
The motorcycles come loaded with tech such as Bosch stability control and six-axis inertial measurement unit, switchable riding modes, 4.3-inch touchscreen display, etc. Dual-channel ABS is standard fitment on the motorcycle.
Thoughts On Indian Motorcycle FTR 1200 Being Launched In August 2019
The Indian FTR 1200 is the first product to come out from the new platform. More bikes are in the making and will be based on the same platform. We could be looking at a streetfighter and even an adventure tourer. More details will be revealed at the FTR 1200 launch event on 19 August. Stay tuned.