- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 10 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 13 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Movies Here’s Why Aamir Khan Lost Faith In Award Functions; Revealed The Reason Behind Disliking Them
- Sports India Vs Pakistan: Shikhar Dhawan recalls how Pakistani fans sledged him during 2015 World Cup match in Australia
- News Earthquake of 4.6 magnitude hits Delhi-NCR, epicentre in Haryana
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
IMOTY 2020: Hero Xpulse wins 'Indian Motorcycle Of The Year 2020'. The Hero Xpulse was launched earlier this year and has quickly become a top selling motorcycle for the company.
The adventure motorcycle from Hero MotoCorp beat the Benelli Imperiale 400, the Hero Xtreme 200S and the Xpulse 200, the Honda CB300R, the Jawa, the KTM 125 Duke, the Suzuki Gixxer 250, and the Yamaha MT-15 to win the prestigious Indian Motorcycle Of The Year Award.
The IMOTY 2020 award was presented by Dr. Raghupati Singhania, the Chairman & Managing Director at JK Tyre & Industries Limited, on behalf of the IMOTY committee.
The Jury for the IMOTY 2020 consists of veteran motorcycle journalists from both digital and print backgrounds. The Jury this year included Rahul Ghosh and Dipayan Dutta from Auto Today, and Jared Soloman and Arup Das from AutoX.
The Jury also included Aspi Bhathena and Sarmad Kadiri from Bike India, Sirish Chandran from Evo, Kartik Ware and Pablo Chatterjee from Motoring World, Abhay Verma and Rohit Paradkar from Overdrive, and Vikrant Singh from BikeWale.
The winner of the IMOTY award must be well suited for the Indian market, must be comfortable to ride, should offer performance & fuel efficiency, and must score high on fitness of purpose and setting new benchmarks.
The other condition that must be met in order the Jury to vote for a motorcycle, is its presence at the Jury round. This year's Jury round was held at the Buddh International Circuit.
Talking about the Indian Motorcycle Of The Year, the Hero Xpulse was launched in May this year, and is available for Rs 98,000 (ex-showroom, India).
The motorcycle is powered a 199.6cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that produces 18bhp of power and 17.1Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed gearbox, and is available with either a carburetor or fuel-injected variants.
Thoughts About The Hero Xpulse Winning The IMOTY 2020
The Hero Xpulse is possibly the smallest adventure styled motorcycle available in the Indian market. The model has done every well for Hero, and has made a huge impact on the motorcycling community in India. Hero has put adventure motorcycling within everyone's reach across the country. Congratulations to Hero MotoCorp for having created an iconic motorcycle!