- 3 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 9 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 12 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
The second season of the IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt 2019 has arrived in Bangalore. The program offers a chance for budding riders to explore national and international racing opportunities.
The IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt is a very unique initiative by the brand to identify young racing talent in the country. The 2nd season of the Talent Hunt program started off in Chennai earlier this year and has now arrived in Bangalore. The initiative helps recognise next-gen racing talent in the country among youngsters as early as 12 years of age.
Once the young racers are identified, they are then groomed to become among the best riders in the country. This further allows them a chance to start a racing career and participate in both national and international championships.
As part of the grooming, all budding riders first go through three-levels of intensive testing. This includes physical fitness, race orientation along with riding skill tests on the track and finally a one-on-one interview. The final interview round will be between both the candidates and the parents/guardians to understand the level of passion and family support involved.
Top candidates from this Phase-I of tests will then be given an opportunity to ride on the track as part of Phase-II. The best of the riders from Phase-II will be selected by Honda for future development. These finalists picked by Honda will then receive the opportunity to participate in the 2020 Honda Talent Cup CBR 150R category.
The recently concluded round in Bangalore saw an overwhelming response from 26 budding racers. These young candidates were from various locations including Gadag, Malappuram (Kerala), Hyderabad, Vellore, Coimbatore, Patna, Karaikal, Hubli and Ariyalur; among others. With Chennai and Bangalore done, the IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt 2019, will move to 3 more cities in India to find more young racing talents.
Prabhu Nagaraj, Vice President, Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. stated:
"The 2019 racing season was extremely successful for team Honda. 19 young talent which we got from last year showed phenomenal results. Breaking the fastest lap time record at MMRT on 250cc, 15-year-old Md. Mikail won the NSF250R cup and also represents Honda on an international platform along with Kritik Habib. Whereas, the Aizawl find Lal Nunsanga won the CBR150R cup."
"Further continuing our hunt to find the next racing sensation, we started the second edition of IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt from Chennai and have already shortlisted 3 riders. Moving ahead with this round in Bangalore, we are delighted to see the passion towards motorsports among these young participants. I am confident that these budding riders will change the scenario of motorsports in India and make the nation proud at the international podiums as well."
Thoughts On The IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt 2019
The IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt 2019 is a great initiative by the brand to find, groom and provide opportunities to young budding racers, to explore a career in racing in national and international championships. The Talent Hunt is currently in its second season, visiting five major cities across India and finding talent for 2020.