- 11 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 11 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 16 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Husqvarna showcased the Svartpilen 250 and the Vitpilen 250 earlier this month, and is now gearing up to add a third model to its Indian market portfolio. According to Autocar India, the Svartpilen 200 is expected to be launched in India between July and September 2020.
According to the company's global website, the Svartpilen 200 features the same 200cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected, liquid-cooled engine that is featured on KTM's Duke 200. The engine produces 26bhp of power and 19.2Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The Svartpilen 200 also share other components like the forward and rear suspension, and the brakes with the KTM Duke 200. However, the Svartpilen 200 shares its chassis with the KTM Duke 250 and not the Duke 200 model.
The Svartpilen 200 also shares its alloy wheels, body panels, and LED lighting with the Svartpilen 250. The motorcycle features an under-belly exhaust as compared to the 250 that features a side-mounted exhaust.
The Svartpilen 200 is expected to be priced at roughly 1.85 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Husqvarna recently showcased the Svartpilen 250 and the Vitpilen 250. Both these motorcycles share their engine with the KTM Duke 250. The engine produces 29.6bhp of power and 24Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The Svartpilen 250 is a scrambler-style motorcycle that features a bulky tank, eight-spoke alloy wheels, and dual purpose tyres. The Vitpilen 250 on the other hand, is cafe-racer styled motorcycle that shares most of its body work with the Svartpilen. The major difference are the grippy road tyres. To read more, click here.
In related news, rumor has it that Husqvarna has a range of two-wheelers they're planning to launch in India. There's the Svartpilen 401 and Vitpilen 401 that features KTM's 390 single-cylinder engine, and there is also talk of the Norden 401 - essentially Husqvarna's version of the KTM Adventure 390.
Thoughts About The Husqvarna Svartpilen 200 launching Next Year
Very smart move by Husqvarna, but they have Bajaj and KTM to thank for Indian market related strategies. Any manufacturer wanting to enter the two-wheeler market in India needs to target the mass segments first. That is exactly what Husqvarna is doing. We expect all three models to do very well in the country.