- 23 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 24 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Dabholkar murder case: Advocate Sanjeev Punalekar, Vikram Bhave sent to CBI custody till June 1
- Movies Vijay Deverakonda Is Second To None; Rowdy Trumps All Other Big Stars To Achieve This Feat!
- Sports Pochettino fears Kane call could decide Champions League final
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
PT Astra Honda Motors (AHM) showcased the Honda X-ADV, an adventure scooter, at the 2019 Indonesia International Motor Show (IIMS). The Honda X-ADV is powered by a 745cc twin-cylinder engine. It was introduced in 2016 specifically for European markets.
The Honda X-ADV features a stylish and rugged body. It also has an high ground clearance that makes its off-road ready. Honda has made the scooter as efficient as possible. The scooter features a 21-litre under seat storage, and has a 5-way adjustable windscreen. Practical!
The Honda X-ADV features tapered aluminum handlebars, hand guards, a CRF450 rally-style instrument cluster, and a center stand. The scooter features a 17-inch spoke wheel in the front and a 15-inch spoke wheel at the rear. Both wheels feature knobby tyres.
Suspension is handled by 41mm cartridge-type USD fork adjusts for rebound damping and spring pre-load at the front. The rear features a spring pre-load adjustable shock absorber unit. Braking is handled by disc brakes at the front and the rear. They feature dual radial-mount four-piston calipers. ABS is offered as a standard.
The Honda X-ADV is powered by a 745cc liquid cooled, SOHC 8-valve parallel twin-cylinder engine. The engine produces 54hp of peak power @ 6,250rpm, and 68Nm of torque @ 4,750rpm. The Honda X-ADV also features a Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) developed by Honda that offers two automatic modes and an MT mode for manual transmission.
Off-road capabilities are enhanced by a G switch positioned on the right of the instrument cluster. The X-ADV also features Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), that helps with traction on slippery roads.
Honda designed the X-ADV at their Research & Development facility at Rome. Mr. Kenichi Misaki, Large Project Leader, 17YM X-ADV, said, "Our development concept for the X-ADV was simple: 'Go Have Fun!', and we wanted to create a motorcycle that comes with an adventurous spirit as standard fitment. We also knew we needed the X-ADV to be truly usable as a tool to move around the city, and be full of utility and user-friendly features. And come the weekend it can be used to escape all of the daily routine, in a unique and uplifting new style."
We have confirmation about when Honda plans to launch the X-ADV in other markets, and no information about when the scooter will make it's way to India. The Honda X-ADV is available in 5 paint schemes in international markets — Candy Chromosphere Red, Digital Silver Metallic, Matt Bullet Silver, Pearl Glare White, and Grand Prix Red.
Thoughts About The Honda X-ADV
For starters, the scooter looks wicked! We can tell the scooter is built for and will rather happily take on long distance riding and touring. A highly capable scooter from the Honda universe. We want one!
PT Astra Honda Motor manufactures and sells motorcycles in Indonesia. The company was founded in 2001 and is based in Jakarta, Indonesia. PT Astra Honda Motor operates as a subsidiary of Honda Motor Co., Ltd