- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Seeking Tax Relief For Hybrid And CNG Vehicles To Promote Sales Over Electric Vehicles
- 1 hr ago Hero Electric Optima ER & Nyx ER Electric Scooters Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 68,721
- 2 hrs ago Indian FTR 1200S & FTR 1200 Race Replica Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 15.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Tata Nexon, Hexa, Tiago, Tigor, available with 3 Years/ 40,000Kms Free Monsoon Maintenance Offer
- Lifestyle Do You Criticise Your Partner? Well, It May Negatively Affect Your Relationship!
- Movies Has Rashmika Mandanna Taken A Break From Instagram Due To Dear Comrade Debacle?
- Finance RBI To Formalise Linking Of Repo Rates To Loans
- News UP scribe & his brother killing 'unacceptable': Mamata Banerjee
- Sports Nation's Cup Boxing: India juniors excel
- Technology Infinix To Launch HOT 8 With 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage In September
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
PT Astra Honda Motors (AHM) showcased the Honda X-ADV, an adventure scooter, at the 2019 Indonesia International Motor Show (IIMS). The Honda X-ADV is powered by a 745cc twin-cylinder engine. It was introduced in 2016 specifically for European markets.
The Honda X-ADV features a stylish and rugged body. It also has an high ground clearance that makes its off-road ready. Honda has made the scooter as efficient as possible. The scooter features a 21-litre under seat storage, and has a 5-way adjustable windscreen. Practical!
The Honda X-ADV features tapered aluminum handlebars, hand guards, a CRF450 rally-style instrument cluster, and a center stand. The scooter features a 17-inch spoke wheel in the front and a 15-inch spoke wheel at the rear. Both wheels feature knobby tyres.
Suspension is handled by 41mm cartridge-type USD fork adjusts for rebound damping and spring pre-load at the front. The rear features a spring pre-load adjustable shock absorber unit. Braking is handled by disc brakes at the front and the rear. They feature dual radial-mount four-piston calipers. ABS is offered as a standard.
The Honda X-ADV is powered by a 745cc liquid cooled, SOHC 8-valve parallel twin-cylinder engine. The engine produces 54hp of peak power @ 6,250rpm, and 68Nm of torque @ 4,750rpm. The Honda X-ADV also features a Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) developed by Honda that offers two automatic modes and an MT mode for manual transmission.
Off-road capabilities are enhanced by a G switch positioned on the right of the instrument cluster. The X-ADV also features Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), that helps with traction on slippery roads.
Honda designed the X-ADV at their Research & Development facility at Rome. Mr. Kenichi Misaki, Large Project Leader, 17YM X-ADV, said, "Our development concept for the X-ADV was simple: 'Go Have Fun!', and we wanted to create a motorcycle that comes with an adventurous spirit as standard fitment. We also knew we needed the X-ADV to be truly usable as a tool to move around the city, and be full of utility and user-friendly features. And come the weekend it can be used to escape all of the daily routine, in a unique and uplifting new style."
We have confirmation about when Honda plans to launch the X-ADV in other markets, and no information about when the scooter will make it's way to India. The Honda X-ADV is available in 5 paint schemes in international markets — Candy Chromosphere Red, Digital Silver Metallic, Matt Bullet Silver, Pearl Glare White, and Grand Prix Red.
Thoughts About The Honda X-ADV
For starters, the scooter looks wicked! We can tell the scooter is built for and will rather happily take on long distance riding and touring. A highly capable scooter from the Honda universe. We want one!
PT Astra Honda Motor manufactures and sells motorcycles in Indonesia. The company was founded in 2001 and is based in Jakarta, Indonesia. PT Astra Honda Motor operates as a subsidiary of Honda Motor Co., Ltd