- 9 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports Liverpool confirm Jota signing for reported £45m
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Promo: Sidharth Shukla And Gauahar Khan Join Salman In Promising An Entertaining Season
- News Pakistan drops weapons, cash in J&K via drone; 3 terrorists arrested: Police
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Gaurav Gupta's Show 'Name Is Love' Is About Discovering Brave Stories From Young India
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Honda 2 Wheelers India has announced that it would be launching its new two-wheeler on 12 June, 2019. What makes this all the more exciting is the fact that it will not just Honda's first BS-VI model but will also be the first BS-VI emissions compliant two-wheeler in the country.
Honda claimed that its upcoming product will be part of 'a quiet revolution', which at first would lead anyone to believe that it would be an electric scooter or motorcycle that Honda is talking about.
However, Honda also went on to reveal that this new product will be BS-VI emissions compliant, hence there are no chances for it to be an electric two-wheeler. What could it be then? Unfortunately, there is no clear-cut answer as to whether the upcoming product is a scooter or a motorcycle.
However, we think it might be a scooter that Honda is planning to launch on 12 june, 2019. Though this is pure speculation at the moment, we are led to believe so because of a number of reasons.
Firstly, Honda sells the largest number of scooters in India by a large margin. Almost every scooter sold by Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) outsells the competition by a large margin. Hence, Honda would be looking to upgrade its scooter range to BS-VI before the same is done for its motorcycles.
Secondly, Honda's competitor Hero MotoCorp became the first two wheeler manufacturer in India to launch a fuel-injected scooter through the Hero Maestro Edge 125 FI. Honda had announced that it would go the FI way to make its scooter BS-VI compliant.
Thirdly, HMSI had earlier indicated that a BS-VI compliant Honda Activa was already in the works. When all these are put together, it is safe to assume that the upcoming BS-VI product from Honda 2 Wheelers India will be a scooter. Would it be the fuel-injected Activa? Or would it be a new product is what remains to be seen.
Thoughts On Honda To Launch India's First BS-VI Two-Wheeler On 12 June
This is big news coming from Honda and it makes us realise that BS-VI norms are not coming into effect some time far away in the future but it is actually just around the corner. It is no surprise that Honda is taking to fuel-injection to make its vehicles BS-VI compliant. What remains to be seen is whether it would be an all-new product.