- 11 min ago BMW Unveils Its Vision M NEXT Electric Sports Car — A Glimpse Into The Future Of BMW
- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 1 hr ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 2 hrs ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- News Odisha: 3 Railways staffers die, 4 hurt after Howrah-Jagdalpur Express collides
- Sports 1983 World Cup triumph: Shastri recalls the game that gave them the belief
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Movies Arjun Kapoor-Malaika Arora Jet Off To Mystery Destination For A Romantic Getaway!
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Technology Drone Flying Laws Of Five Important Countries — Everything You Need To Know
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Honda 2 Wheelers India has announced that it would be launching its new two-wheeler on 12 June, 2019. What makes this all the more exciting is the fact that it will not just Honda's first BS-VI model but will also be the first BS-VI emissions compliant two-wheeler in the country.
Honda claimed that its upcoming product will be part of 'a quiet revolution', which at first would lead anyone to believe that it would be an electric scooter or motorcycle that Honda is talking about.
However, Honda also went on to reveal that this new product will be BS-VI emissions compliant, hence there are no chances for it to be an electric two-wheeler. What could it be then? Unfortunately, there is no clear-cut answer as to whether the upcoming product is a scooter or a motorcycle.
However, we think it might be a scooter that Honda is planning to launch on 12 june, 2019. Though this is pure speculation at the moment, we are led to believe so because of a number of reasons.
Firstly, Honda sells the largest number of scooters in India by a large margin. Almost every scooter sold by Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) outsells the competition by a large margin. Hence, Honda would be looking to upgrade its scooter range to BS-VI before the same is done for its motorcycles.
Secondly, Honda's competitor Hero MotoCorp became the first two wheeler manufacturer in India to launch a fuel-injected scooter through the Hero Maestro Edge 125 FI. Honda had announced that it would go the FI way to make its scooter BS-VI compliant.
Thirdly, HMSI had earlier indicated that a BS-VI compliant Honda Activa was already in the works. When all these are put together, it is safe to assume that the upcoming BS-VI product from Honda 2 Wheelers India will be a scooter. Would it be the fuel-injected Activa? Or would it be a new product is what remains to be seen.
Thoughts On Honda To Launch India's First BS-VI Two-Wheeler On 12 June
This is big news coming from Honda and it makes us realise that BS-VI norms are not coming into effect some time far away in the future but it is actually just around the corner. It is no surprise that Honda is taking to fuel-injection to make its vehicles BS-VI compliant. What remains to be seen is whether it would be an all-new product.