- 3 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra XUV500 Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Tigor EV Extended Range Variant To be Launched Next Week
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports 10 Lakh Cars From Mundra Port Within Just 10 Years
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors To Launch New Electric Car In India Next Year: Will Debut New 'Ziptron' EV Technology
- Sports IBSF World 6-Red Snooker Championship: Advani, Rawat and Singh seal quarterfinal berths
- Technology Huawei Watch GT 2 Unveiled With 14 Days Battery Life
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Will Light Up Bandra-Worli Sea Link In Red To Spread Cancer Awareness!
- News PM's US itinerary: Address at UNGA, nearly 20 bilaterals, Houston diaspora event
- Lifestyle 17 Tick-borne Diseases You Should Be Aware Of
- Finance Delhi Police Launches App To Pay Traffic Challan, File FIR
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
Honda 2 Wheelers India has announced that it would be launching its new two-wheeler on 12 June, 2019. What makes this all the more exciting is the fact that it will not just Honda's first BS-VI model but will also be the first BS-VI emissions compliant two-wheeler in the country.
Honda claimed that its upcoming product will be part of 'a quiet revolution', which at first would lead anyone to believe that it would be an electric scooter or motorcycle that Honda is talking about.
However, Honda also went on to reveal that this new product will be BS-VI emissions compliant, hence there are no chances for it to be an electric two-wheeler. What could it be then? Unfortunately, there is no clear-cut answer as to whether the upcoming product is a scooter or a motorcycle.
However, we think it might be a scooter that Honda is planning to launch on 12 june, 2019. Though this is pure speculation at the moment, we are led to believe so because of a number of reasons.
Firstly, Honda sells the largest number of scooters in India by a large margin. Almost every scooter sold by Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) outsells the competition by a large margin. Hence, Honda would be looking to upgrade its scooter range to BS-VI before the same is done for its motorcycles.
Secondly, Honda's competitor Hero MotoCorp became the first two wheeler manufacturer in India to launch a fuel-injected scooter through the Hero Maestro Edge 125 FI. Honda had announced that it would go the FI way to make its scooter BS-VI compliant.
Thirdly, HMSI had earlier indicated that a BS-VI compliant Honda Activa was already in the works. When all these are put together, it is safe to assume that the upcoming BS-VI product from Honda 2 Wheelers India will be a scooter. Would it be the fuel-injected Activa? Or would it be a new product is what remains to be seen.
Thoughts On Honda To Launch India's First BS-VI Two-Wheeler On 12 June
This is big news coming from Honda and it makes us realise that BS-VI norms are not coming into effect some time far away in the future but it is actually just around the corner. It is no surprise that Honda is taking to fuel-injection to make its vehicles BS-VI compliant. What remains to be seen is whether it would be an all-new product.