- 1 hr ago Yamaha MT-15 Sales Crosses 15,000 Units Within Six Months Of Its Launch In India
- 3 hrs ago Traffic Fines In Bangalore Reduced: State Government Announces Revised Fines Under New MVA
- 5 hrs ago Top-Selling MPVs In India For August 2019: Renault Triber Enters Top-5 While Maruti Ertiga Leads
- 17 hrs ago Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- News Biggest reason behind terrorism in Kashmir are Article 370 and Article 35A: Rajnath Singh
- Technology Here's The Proper Way To Backup Android Devices
- Sports India Vs South Africa, 3rd T20I, Live Score: Kohli & Co. eye series win, De Kock and band looks to level series
- Movies Sye Raa Pre-release Event: Live Updates
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Best And Worst Dressed Celebs Of This Week
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India announced that their popular Dio offering has just crossed 30 lakh sales units. The Honda Dio which was first launched in 2002 has taken 17 years to achieve the new milestone
According to Honda 2 Wheeler India, the Dio took 14 years to reach the first 15 lakh sales milestone. The remaining 15 lakh sales, however, was recorded in just three years; five times faster than the previous pace.
The Honda Dio is also the 4th largest selling scooter in the country. It is also the largest exported scooter of India, with exports to over 11 countries such as Nepal, Sri Lanka, Mexico, Columbia and more. According to reports, the Honda Dio has an export market share of 44 percent in the scooter segment.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior VP, Sales and Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. stated,
"With its 17 years of legacy, Dio remains fresh as ever while celebrating the spirit of youthfulness. Convenient features & stylish looks make it a perfect partner for youngsters of today - not just in India but in international markets as well. We thank all our customers who choose to ride on the uber-trendy Dio while living life their own way."
The Honda Dio offers an extremely stylish and sporty design, attracting a lot of young buyers in the Indian market. The new Honda Dio also comes with a host of features, further improving the sales.
The Honda Dio is available in two variant: Standard and Deluxe. The Dio is available with a bunch of features such as LED headlamps and position lamp, fully-digital instrument cluster and vibrant body graphics.
Honda also offers the Dio in a range of nine attractive colours to choose from: Vibrant Orange, Sports Yellow, Sports Red, Candy Jazz Blue, Matte Axis Grey Metallic, Dazzle Yellow Metallic, Pearl Igneous Black and Matte Marshal Green Metallic.
Powering the Honda Dio is the same 110cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 8bhp and 8.91Nm of torque, mated to a CVT transmission.
Thoughts On The Honda Dio Sales Milestone
The Honda Dio is one of the most-popular scooters on sale in the Indian market. The Dio brings in volume sales for the company, especially from younger customers. The Honda Dio in India has a price starting at Rs 52,938, ex-showroom (Delhi). The scooter rivals the likes of the TVS Wego and Hero Maestro Edge.