- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- Sports Cricket World Cup: India's variety in bowling makes it strong title contender, says Ian Chappell
- Movies Mudassar Aziz: Plans To Make 'Happy Bhag Jayegi 3' Afoot
- News Surat fire: Tyres used as chairs in class, fire tenders were 45 mins away
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India announced that their popular Dio offering has just crossed 30 lakh sales units. The Honda Dio which was first launched in 2002 has taken 17 years to achieve the new milestone
According to Honda 2 Wheeler India, the Dio took 14 years to reach the first 15 lakh sales milestone. The remaining 15 lakh sales, however, was recorded in just three years; five times faster than the previous pace.
The Honda Dio is also the 4th largest selling scooter in the country. It is also the largest exported scooter of India, with exports to over 11 countries such as Nepal, Sri Lanka, Mexico, Columbia and more. According to reports, the Honda Dio has an export market share of 44 percent in the scooter segment.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior VP, Sales and Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. stated,
"With its 17 years of legacy, Dio remains fresh as ever while celebrating the spirit of youthfulness. Convenient features & stylish looks make it a perfect partner for youngsters of today - not just in India but in international markets as well. We thank all our customers who choose to ride on the uber-trendy Dio while living life their own way."
The Honda Dio offers an extremely stylish and sporty design, attracting a lot of young buyers in the Indian market. The new Honda Dio also comes with a host of features, further improving the sales.
The Honda Dio is available in two variant: Standard and Deluxe. The Dio is available with a bunch of features such as LED headlamps and position lamp, fully-digital instrument cluster and vibrant body graphics.
Honda also offers the Dio in a range of nine attractive colours to choose from: Vibrant Orange, Sports Yellow, Sports Red, Candy Jazz Blue, Matte Axis Grey Metallic, Dazzle Yellow Metallic, Pearl Igneous Black and Matte Marshal Green Metallic.
Powering the Honda Dio is the same 110cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 8bhp and 8.91Nm of torque, mated to a CVT transmission.
Thoughts On The Honda Dio Sales Milestone
The Honda Dio is one of the most-popular scooters on sale in the Indian market. The Dio brings in volume sales for the company, especially from younger customers. The Honda Dio in India has a price starting at Rs 52,938, ex-showroom (Delhi). The scooter rivals the likes of the TVS Wego and Hero Maestro Edge.