- 47 min ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 1 hr ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 5 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- 7 hrs ago Royal Enfield Launches Royal Enfield Secure: Extended Warranty Packages For BS4 & BS6 Models
- Sports I would have stayed in League Two - Guardiola discusses Man City future
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Movies These 5 Women Empowering South Movies On Amazon Prime Video Will Surely Strike You With Awe!
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- News No place for ability in Congress party: Jyotiraditya Scindia on Sachin Pilot sacking
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
HMSI (Honda Motorcycle & Scooters India) has announced the achievement of a new landmark in the country, in terms of sales. The company announced that their two BS6 product offerings in the country have crossed 60,000 units in sales.
The two BS6-compliant models, including the Honda Activa 125 scooter and the brand-new Honda SP125 motorcycle are said to have received an overwhelming demand in the Indian market. The two product offerings from the brand are part of Honda's ‘Quiet Revolution', moving towards the BS6 era.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. stated:
"We thank our valued customers for their trust in brand Honda, especially in this transition to the BS-VI era. Honda's technology in its first two BS-VI models (Activa 125 BS-VI and SP 125) has started #AQuietRevolution led by many patents* like enhanced smart power (eSP) and ACG starter motor.
Doubling this delight are the many first-in-segment advanced features, significant mileage up, coupled with the superior peace of mind offered by two-wheeler industry's first 6-year warranty."
"Crossing 60,000 units' landmark a quarter before the BS-VI March 2020 deadline, even as we are yet to complete the all India market availability; is a testimony of Indian customers' confidence on Honda in the BS-VI era."
Talking about the two new products, the Honda Activa 125 BS6 scooter carries forward an updated version of the same 124cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. The new BS6 scooter comes in three variants and has a starting price of Rs 67,490, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Honda SP 125 BS6 is a brand new commuter motorcycle in the Indian market. The new Honda SP 125 comes with an updated version of the engine which powered the CB Shine 125.
The SP 125 also comes with a host of features, including six first-in-segment equipment: engine start/stop switch, LED headlamps, gear position indicator, pass lights integrated with the main headlamp unit and a fully-digital instrument cluster.
The Honda SP 125 is offered in two variants and is offered with a starting price of Rs 72,900, ex-showroom (Delhi). The SP 125 is also offered with a choice of four vibrant colour options as well.
This includes Striking Green, Mat Axis Grey Metallic, Imperial Red Metallic and Pearl Siren Blue. We recently got a chance to ride the new Honda SP 125 — watch our first ride impressions here.
Thoughts On The Honda BS6 Bikes & Scooter Sales
The new stringent BS6 emission norms are scheduled to be implemented in the Indian market from the 1st April 2020. Ahead of its introduction, most two and four-wheeler companies are working on launching updated versions of their products. Honda seems to be taking advantage of the early adoption generating good sales for the brand.