- 6 min ago New Audi Q3 India Launch Confirmed: Expected To Arrive By Early Next Year
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Leoncino 250 India Launch Expected Soon: Specs, Details & Price
- 2 hrs ago All-New Hyundai 'AX' Micro-SUV Confirmed For Global Markets: Will It Be Introduced In India?
- 4 hrs ago Self-Balancing Electric Scooter In India: Liger Mobility Electric Scooter’s Video & Details
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Contestants List: Sharmila Mandre Kuri Prathap & VJ Agni To Appear On The Show!
- Lifestyle Skin Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention and Treatment
- Sports Matuidi never considered leaving Juventus
- Technology Chandrayaan 2 Vikram Landing Site Pictures Captured By NASA Orbiter; Time To Say Bye?
- News Jobs in Rajasthan: RPSC junior legal officer recruitment 2019, 156 vacancies available
- Finance Eicher Motors Shares Jump 24%; Best Intraday Gain In 20 Years
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. just wrapped up Chapter 2 of it's 'Africa Twin True Adventure Camp' in Bangalore last weekend. The Camp is a nationwide initiative that is designed to brush up ridding basics, and to help riders learn about the (DCT) Dual Clutch Transmission on their motorcycles.
The second chapter held at Bangalore witnessed over 30 participants at the two-day camp conducted at the Big Rock Dirtpark (Kolar Taluk, Karnataka). Big Rock Dirtpark is owned and run by CS Santosh, the first Indian to participate in, and complete three Dakar Rally'.
Mr. Vijay Parmar, President of Himalayan Motorsports Association, and his his team of subject matter experts made trained riders via fun and interactive sessions. The sessions included theoretical and practical workshops about motorcycling and off-roading.
Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President -Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "The city of Bengaluru has always seen ardent adventure enthusiasts. Africa Twin True Adventure Camp activity brings together the enthusiasts and the experts making riders experience more adventurous. The interactions between the communities enhanced the learning's & skills to explore the full potential of this machine across all terrains."
Honda's Africa Twin True Adventure Camp is a combination of class-room styled sessions combined with practical sessions wherein riders brush up their basics and learn more about advanced features that include a Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), multiple riding modes for different terrains, and other off-road capabilities of the Africa Twin motorcycle.
The adventure camp also features special sessions that expose riders to elements like humps, underground turns, gravel, pits, and dirt tracks, with the idea of boosting rider confidence.
The first leg of Honda's ‘Africa Twin True Adventure Camp' was conducted at the Delhi/ NCR Region and witnessed a total of 20 participants The next stops on Honda's Adventure Camp list are Mumbai and Kochi.
The Africa Twin was launched in India in 2017, and is the company's flagship adventure-tourer in it's global line-up. The motorcycle is also the first 1000cc ‘Make In India' model by Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India.
The Africa Twin features a 999.11cc twin-cylinder liquid cooled engine that produces 86.04bhp of power and 93.1Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
The motorcycle features four riding modes - Tour, Urban, Gravel and User. It also features Throttle by Wire technology, (HSTC) Honda Selectable Torque Control, and Dual Clutch Transmission technology.
The Honda Africa Twin is available in one colour scheme - Glint Wave Blue Metallic. It includes a metallic finished blue colour with white and red highlights. The motorcycle currently retails for Rs 13.50 lakh (ex-showroom-India).
Thoughts About Honda Finishing The Adventure Camp At Bangalore City
Honda's Adventure Camp seems to be doing well and picking up pace with every city. The Camp is now headed to the remaining two cities on it's Phase II list - Mumbai, and Kochi. Stay tuned while we bring you more news about Chapter 3.