- 14 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 1 day ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Movies Mohanlal Was Not The Original Choice For Devadoothan, Reveals Sibi Malayil!
- Sports Sullivan enjoys home comforts at English Championship
- News Kerala plane crash: 14 passengers critical; probe under way to determine exact cause
- Finance 6 Easy Steps to Check Your CIBIL Score for Free
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India has emerged at the country's top selling scooter brand within the first six months of the current financial year (2019-2020). Sales for the the Honda Activa stands at 13,93,256 units for the months April to September 2019, making it the top selling scooter in the country.
Honda's Limited Edition Activa 5G that was launched recently became an overnight sensation. Honda offers the scooter with 10 new premium style additions, and in two new dual colour options. Honda has more than doubled its production to meet the country's demands.
Honda launched its iconic Honda Activa in 2001 and ‘re-branded' a dying automatic scooter market. Since the beginning, the Activa's superior convenience, unisex appeal, and product features like increased mileage, style, and better technology, has been a favourite of the masses. Honda sells one Activa every five minutes in India.
During the financial year 2016-17, the Activa dethroned motorcycles from their 17-year reign as the new No.1 selling two-wheeler in India. Honda has amassed over 22 million customers with the Activa brand, and continues to evolve the scooter to keep it at the forefront of the automatic scooter segment.
The Activa contributes to 14 percent of the domestic two-wheeler industry in India. And Honda Two Wheelers is the undisputed king of the scooter segment with a 56 percent market share.
The Honda Activa is available in three variants — the Honda Activa-ithat features a 109.19cc engine that produces 8bhp of power and 8.94Nm of torque. The Activa-i is available in Imperial Red Metallic, Lush Magenta Metallic, Matte Axis Metallic, Orchid Purple Metallic, and Candy Jazzy Blue. The scooter is priced at Rs 52,887 (ex-showroom, India).
The next model is the Honda Activa 5G.this scooter features a 109.19cc engine that produces 8bhp of power and 9Nm of torque. The scooter is available in Dazzle Yellow Metallic, Majestic Brown Metallic, Matte Axis Grey Metallic, Black, Matte Selene Silver Metallic, Pearl Amazing White, Pearl Spartan Red, and Trance Blue Metallic. The scooter is priced at Rs 56,535 (ex-showroom, India).
Last, but not the least is the Honda Activa 125. This scooter features a 124cc engine that produces 8.5bhp of power and 10.54Nm of torque. The scooter is available in Rebel Red Metallic, Midnight Blue Metallic, Pearl Amazing White, Black, Matte Crust Metallic, and Selene Silver Metallic. The scooter is priced at Rs 62,591.
Thoughts About The Honda Activa Becoming India's Top-Selling Scooter
Honda launched the Activa at the right time. There were at that point products like the Scooty and the Scooty Pep that offered way lesser than the Activa did. The scooter was always destined to rule the segment. We think it will continue ruling the Indian markets. Kudos to HMSI and its team.