- 5 min ago New Audi Q3 India Launch Confirmed: Expected To Arrive By Early Next Year
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Leoncino 250 India Launch Expected Soon: Specs, Details & Price
- 2 hrs ago All-New Hyundai 'AX' Micro-SUV Confirmed For Global Markets: Will It Be Introduced In India?
- 4 hrs ago Self-Balancing Electric Scooter In India: Liger Mobility Electric Scooter’s Video & Details
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Contestants List: Sharmila Mandre Kuri Prathap & VJ Agni To Appear On The Show!
- Lifestyle Skin Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention and Treatment
- Sports Matuidi never considered leaving Juventus
- Technology Chandrayaan 2 Vikram Landing Site Pictures Captured By NASA Orbiter; Time To Say Bye?
- News Jobs in Rajasthan: RPSC junior legal officer recruitment 2019, 156 vacancies available
- Finance Eicher Motors Shares Jump 24%; Best Intraday Gain In 20 Years
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI) has launched the country's first BS-VI compliant two-wheelers in the country, with their popular Activa 125 offering. The new Honda Activa 125 BS6 is priced at Rs 67,490, ex-showroom (India).
The new Honda Activa 125 BS-VI comes with a number of design updates, along with a long list of added features as well. In terms of design, the new Activa 125 BS-VI comes with subtle updates to its front apron, which now houses the LED DRLs along with the turn indicator signals.
There are also a number of chrome elements all around the scooter; especially on the front apron (between the LED DRLs) and the side panels. The chrome strips add an extra level of premium-ness to the scooter. The Activa 125 BS-VI also comes with matte-finish black alloy wheels as well.
In terms of features on the BS-VI scooter, the Activa 125 comes with an external fuel filling cap, silent start, glove box at the front, side-stand sensor with engine immobiliser, LED lighting and an analogue-digital instrument cluster.
The instrument cluster now provides a host of additional information, such as distance to empty, real-time fuel efficiency, fuel gauge, trip meters and odometer as well. It also comes with a side-stand indicator as well.
However, the main update to the new Honda Activa 125 is on its engine. The new 124cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit churns out 8.4bhp and 10.54Nm of torque. The engine is BS-VI compliant and comes with Honda's silent start and idling stop system.
The silent start system on the Activa 125 BS-VI starts the engine instantly and silently. This is through the use of a unique mechanism which turns the crankshaft slightly backwards, before turning it the right way. The idling stop system, on the other hand, shuts off the engine at long signals before powering it back up when the right brake lever is operated.
The Honda Activa 125 BS-VI is available in a range of six colour options: Rebel Red, Metallic Black, Heavy Grey Metallic, Midnight Blue Metallic, Pearl Precious White and Majestic Brown Metallic.
Thoughts On The Honda Activa 125 BS-VI Scooter Launch In India
The Honda Activa 125 is the first BS-VI scooter in the Indian market, introduced well ahead of the new emissions deadline of April 2020. The scooter is also one of the most popular models in the Indian market, bringing in good sales for the brand in India. The Honda Activa 125 rivals the likes of the TVS NTorq 125, Suzuki Access 125 and the Hero Maestro Edge 125 in the Indian market.