- 2 hrs ago KTM RC 125, RC 200 & RC 390 Launched In New Colours: Prices & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Tata Nexon To Get New Grille Design Soon: Details Leaked Ahead Of Launch
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Bookings & Launch Timeline Revealed: Teaser Video
- 1 day ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Vakeel Saab: Makers Plan To Finish Pawan Kalyan’s Scenes In 30 Days?
- Lifestyle On 2 Years Of Sui Dhaaga, Anushka Sharma’s De-Glam Looks In Printed Sarees That Stole Our Heart
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Upgrading 3G Users To 4G Network To Bring Faster Internet Speed
- News NIA court sentences to life ISIS terrorist in Omar Al-Hindi case
- Finance ITC Trades Higher Even As Maharashtra Bans Sale Of Loose Cigarettes, Beedis
- Sports Ashok Dinda to play for Goa in upcoming domestic season
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI) has launched the country's first BS-VI compliant two-wheelers in the country, with their popular Activa 125 offering. The new Honda Activa 125 BS6 is priced at Rs 67,490, ex-showroom (India).
The new Honda Activa 125 BS-VI comes with a number of design updates, along with a long list of added features as well. In terms of design, the new Activa 125 BS-VI comes with subtle updates to its front apron, which now houses the LED DRLs along with the turn indicator signals.
There are also a number of chrome elements all around the scooter; especially on the front apron (between the LED DRLs) and the side panels. The chrome strips add an extra level of premium-ness to the scooter. The Activa 125 BS-VI also comes with matte-finish black alloy wheels as well.
In terms of features on the BS-VI scooter, the Activa 125 comes with an external fuel filling cap, silent start, glove box at the front, side-stand sensor with engine immobiliser, LED lighting and an analogue-digital instrument cluster.
The instrument cluster now provides a host of additional information, such as distance to empty, real-time fuel efficiency, fuel gauge, trip meters and odometer as well. It also comes with a side-stand indicator as well.
However, the main update to the new Honda Activa 125 is on its engine. The new 124cc single-cylinder fuel-injected unit churns out 8.4bhp and 10.54Nm of torque. The engine is BS-VI compliant and comes with Honda's silent start and idling stop system.
The silent start system on the Activa 125 BS-VI starts the engine instantly and silently. This is through the use of a unique mechanism which turns the crankshaft slightly backwards, before turning it the right way. The idling stop system, on the other hand, shuts off the engine at long signals before powering it back up when the right brake lever is operated.
The Honda Activa 125 BS-VI is available in a range of six colour options: Rebel Red, Metallic Black, Heavy Grey Metallic, Midnight Blue Metallic, Pearl Precious White and Majestic Brown Metallic.
Thoughts On The Honda Activa 125 BS-VI Scooter Launch In India
The Honda Activa 125 is the first BS-VI scooter in the Indian market, introduced well ahead of the new emissions deadline of April 2020. The scooter is also one of the most popular models in the Indian market, bringing in good sales for the brand in India. The Honda Activa 125 rivals the likes of the TVS NTorq 125, Suzuki Access 125 and the Hero Maestro Edge 125 in the Indian market.