- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Second Teaser Video Released: Launch Slated For 30th Of September
- 2 hrs ago Indian Rider Pays Fine Of More Than Rs 66,000 In Australia For Triple Riding
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 W6 Diesel-Automatic Variant Launched In India: Priced At Rs 9.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Avan Motors Showcased Two Electric Scooter Concepts At The Pune Motor Show 2019
- News "Am I invited?" President Trump asks PM Modi ahead of India's first-ever NBA game
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls secure thrilling tie against Dabang Delhi
- Movies Surveen Chawla Recounts 5 Casting Couch Experiences: Filmmakers Wanted To See My Cleavage, Thighs
- Travel Places To Celebrate Dusshera In India
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A20s Announced With Triple Rear Cameras
- Lifestyle Want A Toned Back Like Disha Patani's? Try These 8 Exercises That Target Your Back Muscles
- Finance An App That Helps Women To Take Control Of Their Finances
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
Hero MotoCorp has hiked prices of the Hero Xtreme 200R in the Indian market. The Hero Xtreme 200R was launched in the Indian market in August 2018 to compete in the ever-growing 200cc segment at an ex-showroom price of Rs 89,900.
It was the least-expensive 200cc motorcycle at its launch and now after a price hike of Rs 1,000, it still remains the least-expensive 200cc motorcycle. The Hero Xtreme 200R was the company's first motorcycle in the 200cc segment and the company is all set to launch the Xpulse 200 family with the same engine as the Hero Xtreme 200.
The Hero Xtreme 200R is powered by an air-cooled, 199.6cc, single cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 18bhp and a peak torque output of 17Nm. A 5-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel.
The Hero Xtreme 200R is suspended by a conventional telescopic fork up front and a monoshock at the rear, which brings us to the fact that it is the first motorcycle from the company to have a monoshock.
Braking duties are handled by a 276mm disc brake up front and a 220mm disc at the rear. The motorcycle comes with a single-channel ABS unit as standard.
Thoughts On Hero Xtreme 200R Price Hiked By Rs 10,000
When looked at from the engine capacity point-of-view, the Hero Xtreme 200R competes with the likes of the Bajaj Pulsar NS 200 and the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V. However, when performance and pricing is taken into consideration, the motorcycle actually competes with the Bajaj Pulsar 180 and the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V.
Hero hiked the price of the Xtreme 200R silently and therefore we do not have an official reason for it. However, we do suspect that it is because of an increase in the price of components or raw materials.