- 7 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 8 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 9 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The production-spec version of the Hero XPulse 200 has been revealed in images taken from a leaked video. The images show of what the final version of the XPulse dual-purpose motorcycle will look like when it arrives on Indian roads. The Hero XPulse 200 was first unveiled in concept guise at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, Italy.
The images seen here were posted on the Impulse Riders, Coimbatore Facebook page, show what appear to be screenshots of a leaked video that was taken down from Youtube. The video showed a regular XPulse 200 alongside a modified unit of the same bike being ridden around Big Rock Dirtpark by Rally rider C.S. Santosh. Santosh currently rides for the Hero Motorsports Team Rally and the video showed him putting the two bikes to the test as he blasted the bikes across his off-roading track near Bangalore pushing them through the jumps and ruts of the motocross park.
Of the two bikes seen in the images, the black bike is the production-spec version of the bike first seen at EICMA 2017. The red bike, on the other hand, is a modified version of the XPulse 200 and lacks bash guard, front mudguard and the tail section seen on the production-spec bike.
The XPulse 200 is expected to be powered by the same 199.6cc single-cylinder engine seen on the Xtreme 200R motorcycle, that is the current flagship of the Hero motorcycle range in India. When powering the Xtreme 200R, the engine cranks out 18.1bhp and 17.4Nm of torque which is sent to the rear wheel of the bike via a 5-speed gearbox. In the XPulse 200, the engine is expected to be tuned to produce more torque. The 5-speed gearbox unit is expected to be retained.
The modified motorcycle seems to be a race bike and sports less bodywork and what appears to be a raised suspension setup. The bike also sports a flat seat. Both versions of the Hero XPulse 200 sport knobby tyres and spoked wheels.
The Hero XPulse 200 will be the second dual-purpose bike to be released from the Hero Motocorp stable. Hero's first attempt, the Impulse drew power from a 150cc engine which produced 13bhp and 13.4Nm of torque.