- 46 min ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- 17 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- 18 hrs ago New Tata Tiago NRG Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- News To reclaim Shri Krishna Janmasthan land, suit filed iii Mathura court
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 4 Ex-Contestant Kalyani Says She Felt Bad When Nagarjuna Didn't Allow Her To Talk
- Finance Gold And Silver Posted Their Biggest Weekly Losses Since March
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M31s, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M01 Price Slashed Up To Rs. 1,000
- Sports Desperate action! Chennai Super Kings to change strategy after two defeats in three IPL 2020 matches
- Lifestyle Erica Fernandes Is The Epitome Of Beauty In Her Pretty Anarkali And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Hero MotoCorp has launched the country's first BS-VI motorcycle, the Splendor iSmart. The new Hero Splendor iSmart BS-VI is available with a price tag of Rs 64,900, ex-showroom (Delhi). This is almost Rs 8,000 higher than the previous model.
The Hero Splendor iSmart BS-VI was first revealed earlier this year when it received its BS-VI certification. The motorcycle has finally launched in the Indian market. The Hero Splendor iSmart continues to feature the brand's patented i3s system. This system calibrates the fuel intake in the motorcycle, improving its fuel efficiency and reducing emissions.
The new Hero Splendor BS6 is powered by a slightly larger 113cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. The larger engine churns out 9.1bhp and 9.89Nm of torque; mated to a five-speed gearbox. This is slightly lower than the 9.6bhp from the 109cc BS-IV engine on the outgoing model.
The Hero Splendor BS-VI continues to be 2,048mm in length, 726mm in width and 1,110mm in height. However, Hero has slightly increased the wheelbase of the motorcycle by 36mm; now measuring 1,270mm. Apart from the wheelbase, the ground clearance of the motorcycle has also been increased by 15mm to 180mm, while the seat height comes in at 799mm.
Apart from the updated BS-VI compliant engine, no other changes have been made to the commuter motorcycle. The Hero Splendor iSmart BS6 continues to offer a 9.5-litre fuel tank capacity while having a total weight of just 116kg.
The Hero Splendor iSmart BS-VI rides on 18-inch standard steel wheels at both the front and rear. The entry-level commuter bike comes with twin shock absorbers at the rear and telescopic forks at the front. The travel on the front suspension is said to have increased by 15mm as well. Braking is handled by a single 240mm disc at the front and a 130mm drum brake at the rear.
Thoughts On The Hero Splendor iSmart Launched In India
The Hero Splendor iSmart is the country's first BS-VI compliant motorcycle. The Hero Splendor is also currently the best-selling motorcycle in the Indian market, this allows the brand to take advantage and hopefully increase sales of the bike even further. The Hero Splendor iSmart rivals the likes of the Honda CD 110 and the TVS Radeon.