- 11 hrs ago Spy Pics: Tata Tiago Facelift Spotted Testing Ahead Of Next Year Launch, Features Larger Grille
- 12 hrs ago Spy Pics: Renault Duster BS-VI Spotted Testing On Pune Mumbai Highway
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Engine Specifications Revealed: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Honda Civic Retains Executive Sedan Segment Top Spot: Records 30% Month-On-Month Growth
- Movies Yash Opens Up About His Struggling Days And The Success Of His Movie KGF
- Technology Upcoming Nokia Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Jharkhand polls 2019: BJP names 8 more candidates
- Sports First India-WI T20 in doubt as Mumbai police yet to guarantee security cover
- Lifestyle Chickpeas Chana During Pregnancy: Benefits, Side Effects & How to Consume
- Travel 8 Exhilarating Water Adventures In India For Couples
- Finance SEBI Hikes PMS Min Investment Requirement Limit; Cuts Rights Issue Process Time
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Hero MotoCorp has launched the country's first BS-VI motorcycle, the Splendor iSmart. The new Hero Splendor iSmart BS-VI is available with a price tag of Rs 64,900, ex-showroom (Delhi). This is almost Rs 8,000 higher than the previous model.
The Hero Splendor iSmart BS-VI was first revealed earlier this year when it received its BS-VI certification. The motorcycle has finally launched in the Indian market. The Hero Splendor iSmart continues to feature the brand's patented i3s system. This system calibrates the fuel intake in the motorcycle, improving its fuel efficiency and reducing emissions.
The new Hero Splendor BS6 is powered by a slightly larger 113cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. The larger engine churns out 9.1bhp and 9.89Nm of torque; mated to a five-speed gearbox. This is slightly lower than the 9.6bhp from the 109cc BS-IV engine on the outgoing model.
The Hero Splendor BS-VI continues to be 2,048mm in length, 726mm in width and 1,110mm in height. However, Hero has slightly increased the wheelbase of the motorcycle by 36mm; now measuring 1,270mm. Apart from the wheelbase, the ground clearance of the motorcycle has also been increased by 15mm to 180mm, while the seat height comes in at 799mm.
Apart from the updated BS-VI compliant engine, no other changes have been made to the commuter motorcycle. The Hero Splendor iSmart BS6 continues to offer a 9.5-litre fuel tank capacity while having a total weight of just 116kg.
The Hero Splendor iSmart BS-VI rides on 18-inch standard steel wheels at both the front and rear. The entry-level commuter bike comes with twin shock absorbers at the rear and telescopic forks at the front. The travel on the front suspension is said to have increased by 15mm as well. Braking is handled by a single 240mm disc at the front and a 130mm drum brake at the rear.
Thoughts On The Hero Splendor iSmart Launched In India
The Hero Splendor iSmart is the country's first BS-VI compliant motorcycle. The Hero Splendor is also currently the best-selling motorcycle in the Indian market, this allows the brand to take advantage and hopefully increase sales of the bike even further. The Hero Splendor iSmart rivals the likes of the Honda CD 110 and the TVS Radeon.