- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- News Engineering Jobs: POWERGRID announces Executive Trainee vacancies; How to apply
- Movies WHAAT? Salman Khan's LIP-LOCK Scenes With Alia Bhatt Lead To Indifference Between Him & Mr Bhansali?
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 94: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Technology Tata Sky On WhatsApp: Check Balance, Add Packs And More
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hero MotoCorp is all set to launch the country's first BS-VI compliant two-wheeler in the Indian market, with the Splendor i-Smart. The new Hero Splendor BS-VI model is said to go on sale in India very soon, probably in the coming days.
According to recent reports from ET Auto, the new BS-VI Hero Splendor has already started arriving at dealerships ahead of its expected launch. The company showcased the Hero Splendor BS6 back in June this year, nine months ahead of the implementation deadline on 1st April 2020.
According to reports, the dispatch of the BS-VI Hero Splendors were already done a week back, with dealerships expected to receive the vehicles soon. The specific launch date for the new Splendor i-Smart BS-VI model is also expected to be officially announced in the coming days.
Hero MotoCorp will price the BS-VI compliant Splendor i-Smart motorcycle slightly higher than the current BS-IV version. The new model will receive a hike of 12 - 15% in prices although, it will still be competitive in the segment.
The current prices of the Hero Splendor i-Smart is Rs 57,000 ex-showroom (Delhi). Considering a 15 per cent increase, the BS-VI version is probably expected to be priced around Rs 66,000 ex-showroom.
Reports also suggest that though the exact pricing details are not yet announced even to the dealers, Hero has started offering training initiatives and product familiarisation. This indicates a launch very soon.
The current Hero Splendor i-Smart is offered with a 109cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 9.3bhp and 9Nm of torque, mated to a four-speed gearbox. The commuter-segment motorcycle offers a mileage of around 75km/l, giving it an impressive range of 630km from an 8.5-litre fuel tank.
The new BS-VI compliant Splendor i-Smart 110 is expected to carry forward an updated version of the same engine. This will allow for better refinement and improved efficiency as well.
Thoughts On The Hero Splendor BS6 Motorcycle Launching In India
The Hero Splendor i-Smart is the country's first motorcycle to receive a BS-VI certification from ICAT (International Centre for Automotive Technology). Hero MotoCorp chose the Splendor to be the first BS-VI model as it is currently the best-selling motorcycle in the country, bringing in volume sales for the brand. Apart from Hero MotoCorp, even HMSI has unveiled a BS-VI compliant Activa 125 FI scooter, which is also expected to make its way to the Indian market.