- 6 min ago New Maruti Suzuki XL6 MPV Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 45 min ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launch Live Updates: Price, Specifications, Features & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Revealed With Seats Finished In Benecke-Kaliko Blackstone Leather.
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 5-Year/1-Lakh Warranty Scheme Announced For Select Diesel Models
- Movies How Hrithik Roshan Helped Sameera Reddy To Overcome Stammering?
- News 100 not out: Meet Rohith, who helps the young chase their dreams for the sheer joy of it
- Sports UFC returns to Boston with Light Heavyweight thriller
- Technology Realme 5 Pro Vs Redmi Note 7 Pro – Which Mid-Range Phone Wins The Race?
- Finance TCS Surpasses RIL In Market Cap To Reclaim Most Valued Indian Firm Tag
- Lifestyle Har Chhath 2019: Date, Time, And Significance of Balaram Jayanti Vrat
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Declared, Check Cut-off Score
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hero MotoCorp has started home deliveries of its motorcycles. The company has taken up the initiative to improve its customers' buying experience and increase the convenience for those who require it. Hero MotoCorp is offering the home delivery option at a modest price of Rs 349.
The Indian automobile market is one of the largest in the world, and when it comes to two-wheelers, the Indian market is the largest. What this means is that, the Indian market is filled with manufacturers vying for the top spot and auto companies will go to great lengths to compete with each other.
The home delivery service is one of the initiatives taken up by Hero MotoCorp to stay competitive. In-fact, it is the first initiative of its kind in its segment. There used to be a time when going to a dealership, booking a vehicle, completing the documentation and then finally taking delivery all added to the bright and happy feels of buying a brand new vehicle.
However, times have now changed and buyers do not want to waste their time with the old-school purchasing process. In a world of e-commerce, automotive companies are adjusting to the trend.
Home delivery services of cars and motorcycles are not a new trend at all. Several premium car manufacturers like Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz have been offering these customer services for a long time now.
Upon the customer's request, the car is taken to the location of the customer for test drives, documentation and even delivery. A few two-wheeler brands too offer this service to their customers.
However, these services are all dealership initiatives and not from the manufacturer level. That is exactly where Hero MotoCorp intends to make a difference. The home delivery initiative is taken up by the company at a larger scale, at the manufacturer level.
This does not require getting in touch with dealership personnel at all. The process that Hero MotoCorp requires is purely based online. The process to buy a motorcycle through this channel is fairly simple. All one has to do is login to Hero's e-commerce portal.
Once there, one can choose the motorcycle to be purchased, select the variant and colour, then fill in details like the state and city. Once the city is selected, a pop-up prompts that home delivery is available in the chosen city and one has to tick the home delivery box at the bottom.
Once this is done, the dealership can be selected and booking payment can be done. Hero will then send its employees to the customer's house for collection of documents. Once this is completed, it is a matter of waiting for the selected motorcycle to be available and then the motorcycle will be delivered to the customer's house at the selected time.
Sanjay Bhan, Head of Sales, Aftersales & Parts Business, Hero MotoCorp, said, "As the youth of today increasingly look for value-added services in every purchase that they make, brands have to step-up their strategic thinking to stay ahead of the curve in a rapidly evolving market environment."
"We have been the first-mover in the e-commerce space and we are continuing this trend by commencing this new service. The motorcycle or scooter can be delivered at any address of your choice, not just at your home," he added. The service is currently available just in Bangalore, Mumbai and Noida and will soon expand to other cities.
Thoughts On Hero MotoCorp Offering Motorcycle Home Delivery Services
Customer service initiatives are required to keep a company going strong. Hero MotoCorp knows this too well, being the largest two-wheeler manufacturer in the world. Hero needs to step up the game in urban areas and the company might just be onto something big with the home delivery initiative.