- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Denies Rumor Of Selling Passenger Vehicle Business
- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kodiaq TSI India Launch Delayed: Will Arrive In 2021
- 4 hrs ago Honda Offers Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits On Select Models In August 2020
- News High tide of over 14 ft likely to hit Mumbai today at 1.50 pm
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Indian hockey team can make mark in the big event: Raghunath
- Movies Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke Actor Sameer Sharma Allegedly Passed Away By Suicide
- Finance RBI Expects GDP To Be Negative For 2020-21
- Technology OnePlus Nord Gets Oxygen OS Update; New Features To Check Out
- Lifestyle Made In Heaven And Raat Akeli Hai Actress Shivani Raghuvanshi’s Distinctive Fashion Game Decoded
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Hero MotoSports Team Rally — the motorsports division of Hero MotoCorp has just announced its four riders for the upcoming 2020 Dakar Rally. This will be the fourth consecutive Dakar rally where the team will be participating, after being established in 2016.
The four riders for the Hero MotoSport Team Rally will include C S Santosh, Joaquim Rodrigues, Oriol Mena and Paulo Goncalves.
Talking about the riders themselves — C S Santosh is the Ace rider from India; Joaquim Rodrigues is the 2019 Pan-African Rally winner; Oriol Mena was the ‘Dakar Rookie of the Year 2017 and Paulo Goncalves, a former Rally Champion and the newest addition to the team.
The four riders will be part of the 2020 Dakar Rally team, headed by Wolfgang Fischer, Team Manager, Hero MotoSports Team Rally.
Announcing the four riders at an event in Delhi, Fischer stated:
"We have had a good year this year and want to close on a high with a strong performance at the Dakar 2020. The preparations have been good and all riders are in good shape. The bikes have also been performing without any glitches. Now we will enter the last phase of our preparation before heading to the Dakar at a new destination. We are determined to compete well and improve our results this year."
Vikram Kasbekar, Executive Director Operation (Plants), CTO, Hero MotoCorp, Stated:
"In a short span of time Hero MotorSports Rally Team has crossed several significant milestones, which is a matter of pride. Our participation in the Dakar Rally is also providing us valuable insights into developing our future line-up of products. Some of these have already been incorporated into our products, such as the XPulse 200 and its Rally-kit."
Dakar Rally 2020
The 42nd edition of the Dakar Rally will be held in Saudi Arabia. The Rally will start from Jeddah on the 5th of January 2020. The Rally includes a total of 12 stages, with the total race distance coming close to 7,900km. The teams will battle over 5,000km of special stages. The Rally will finally come to a close at Qiddiyah, situated near the country's capital of Riyadh.
The Rally will see competitors race through the treacherous sand dunes of Saudi Arabia, along with a labyrinth of tracks where navigation becomes extremely crucial.
Hero MotoSports Team Rally
The Hero MotoSports Team Rally was incorporated in 2016. It is the official motorsports wing of Hero MotoCorp — the world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer. The team has gained immense success around the world, participating in all Rally events. This includes Baja Spain (Europe), Desert Storm (India), Silkway Rally (Russia), Baja India, Pan-Africa (Morocco) and Atacama Rally (Chile); among others.
Thoughts On Hero MotoCorp 2020 Dakar Rally Riders
The Dakar Rally is the toughest motorsport event in the world. The race consists of treacherous terrain and precise navigation, testing the limit of endurance of the riders and their motorcycles. With the final preparations in place, the 2020 edition of the Dakar Rally is all set to begin in a couple of months.