- 24 hrs ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- News BJP to campaign nationwide to spread awareness about Citizenship Law
- Sports Tasnim clinches gold, silver for Tara at U-17 & U-15 Asia Junior Badminton Championships
- Movies Video: Ram Charan Dances With Farah Khan And Sania Mirza At A Party
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Indian two-wheeler manufacturer, Hero MotoCorp, has just surpassed the 2.5 crore mark as far as cumulative manufacturing is concerned. The milestone was achieved at the company's Haridwar facility.
The company's Haridwar facility is the largest two-wheeler manufacturing facility in the world, and is capable of producing 9,500 vehicles every day. The company achieved the numbers in just 11 years of operation.
Vikram Kasbekar, the Executive Director of Operations, and the Chief Technology Officer at Hero MotoCorp said that the achievement was a significant milestone for the company, and that production of 25 million two-wheelers in such a short period of time speaks about the dedication and competency of the company.
The Hero Haridwar production facility sustains the world's largest green-roof that is spread over 4500 square-meters. The facility is known for production of 1.95MW of solar power, zero liquid discharge, and a lake for rain water harvesting.
The plant caters for production of the HF Deluxe, the Splendor+, the Splendor iSmart 110, the Passion Pro, and the Passion 110 models. The company also sources over 75 percent (in value) of parts from industries within Uttarakhand.
Hero MotoCorp operates seven manufacturing facilities - five in India (Gurugram & Dharuhera in Haryana, Neemrana in Rajasthan, Halol in Gujarat and Haridwar in Uttarakhand), and one each in Bangladesh, and Colombia.
The seven facilities have a combined annual production capacity of roughly 90 lakh per annum. An eighth facility is being setup at Chittoor in Andhra Pradesh.
In related news, Hero MotoCorp said its sales for the festive season have been steady. The company launched five new products — including three new premium motorcycles and two scooters within the first five months of the current financial year.
Thoughts About Crossing The 2.5 Crore Mark
We think that happens when you own the largest production facility in the world, and six more of those on the side. We're sure Hero will set the bar higher once their eighth facility is functional. Having said that, we think the Professor could more than double those numbers, if you know what we mean.