- 15 hrs ago Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Models To Launch In India On 5 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 15 hrs ago New (2020) Land Rover Defender Launched In India At Rs 69.99 Lakh: Bookings Now Open
- 17 hrs ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 79.50 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago Revolt Intellicorp To Expand Presence In India: Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai & Mumbai On List
- Technology Flipkart Sale And Discount Offers: Top Deals On Best Selling Laptops In India
- Movies Thappad Movie Review: Taapsee Pannu's Film Echoes Loud And Makes A Powerful Statement
- News Justice S Muralidhar transferred from Delhi HC, notifies Centre
- Sports AFC Cup 2020: Bengaluru FC bow out on penalties in playoff round
- Lifestyle 22 Foods Rich In Sodium And Alternative Healthier Options
- Finance Due To Coronavirus, China Now Has More Billionaires Than US And India Combined
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Indian two-wheeler manufacturer, Hero MotoCorp has begun deliveries for the all new Hero Splendor iSmart. The new motorcycle features a BS-VI compliant engine, and a fuel injection system.
The recently launched Hero Splendor iSmart features a 113.2.cc engine that produces 9bhp of power and 9.89Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed gearbox. The motorcycle also features Hero's (i3S) Idle Start and Stop System.
Hero MotoCorp claims that their recently launched Splendor iSmart offers better fuel efficiency, however, fuel economy ratings are unavailable at the moment. The company also says that the upgraded motor reduces (CO) Carbon Monoxide emission by 45 per cent, and (NOx) Nitrogen Oxide levels by 88 percent.
The motorcycle features a revised chassis setup, and uses a diamond frame. The older, BS-IV models featured a tubular double cradle chassis. Hero MotoCorp has also increased the suspension travel and the wheelbase for better comfort and stability respectively.
Styling upgrades include small tweaks to the body panels, and a new paint theme on the BS-VI model. The motorcycle continues to feature a halogen headlight and a semi-digital instrument cluster as seen on BS-VI models.
Braking duties are now handled by drum brake at the front and the rear, and a 240mm disc at the front is available as an optional. The BS-VI compliant Splendor iSmart is available in three different colours - Sports Red & Black, Techno Blue & Black and Force Silver & Heavy Grey.
The all new Splendor iSmart was the first BS-VI compliant motorcycle to be launched in the Indian markets. India Yamaha Motor recently updated its portfolio with the launch of BS-VI compliant FZ-FI and FZS-FI models. Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India will unveils its first BS-VI model, the all new CB Shine, on 14 November.
Thoughts About Hero Beginning Deliveries Of The All New Splendor iSmart
Good job by Hero MotoCorp. Hero understands that this segment is a volume game and has planned production and deliveries to meet demand. It is also good to see manufactureres offering better engines, and more features on commuter motorcycles. The new paint schemes are fashionable and we expect that to make the motorcycle a crowd favourite as well.