- 31 min ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Bangalore Police To Use Traffic Fines In Improvement Of Infrastructure For Motorists In The City
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny SUV Will Not Launch In India Anytime Soon: Here’s Why
- 4 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Launch Date Confirmed For India: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Kaappaan To Set A New Record For Suriya With Its Big Release!
- Finance RBI Expands Bill Categories In Bharat Bill Payment System
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched For Rs. 11,999: Features, Specifications, And More
- Lifestyle Does Eating Too Much Sugar Cause Diabetes?
- News Delhi HC transfers all Aircel-Maxis scam cases involving Chidambarams to Special judge Ajay Kr Kuhar
- Sports Messi eyes Raul record, Mane out to go level with Drogba - Champions League in Opta numbers
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Hero Electric has launched two new scooters in the Indian market — the Optima ER and the Nyx ER. The two new electric scooters are priced at Rs 68,721 and Rs 69,754, ex-showroom (India).
The two electric scooters are additions to the extended range to the standard Optima E5 and Nyx E5. The two scooter will be available in the brand's ‘high-speed series' range. The two new scooters will feature the same electric motor as the standard models. However, the new scooters will feature two battery packs instead of one.
The Hero Electric Optima ER will come with a 600W BLDC electric motor with a 48V single-battery pack. The new electric scooter will continue to offer the same performance and top-speed of 40km/h as the standard. The scooter now claims a range of 100km, with the batteries taking up to 4.5 hours to charge up completely.
The Hero Electric Nyx ER will also use the same 48V battery pack and the 600W BLDC motor as on the Optima ER. This electric scooter will also come with the same performance, top speed and range as the Optima ER offering. This includes a top speed of 40km/h and a maximum range of 100kms on a single charge.
Sohinder Gill, CEO, Hero Electric India, stated:
"We want to offer the best Hero Electric products to all our customers. One feedback we have received is the range anxiety associated with e-scooters, and with the Optima ER and Nyx ER we are addressing that issue and offering a package that is high on performance and usability. I am confident that customers will appreciate these additions alongside the FAME II benefits that have made our range even more affordable."
Apart from the launch of the two new electric scooter, Hero Electric also announced the inauguration of its new corporate office in Bangalore. This is part of the company's expansion plans for south India. Hero Electric hopes to increase customer touch points from the current 615 to over 1000 by the end of 2020.
Thoughts On The New Hero Electric Scooters Launched In India
The two new Hero Electric scooters now offer customers an extended range of options in the Indian market. The company has addressed the issue of range anxiety associated with electric scooters in the Indian market. The two new Hero electric scooters will rival the likes of the Avan Trend E, Okinawa Praise and the Ather 450 in the Indian market.