- News Now junior doctors in Telangana warn of strike
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Vs Other Budget Smartphones With 6GB RAM
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Harley-Davidson India has recalled their entry-level Street 750 model in the country. The recall is part of a global issue over faulty brake calipers. The silent recall from Harley-Davidson has affected over 44,000 units globally.
Globally, the Milwaukee-based brand has recalled both the Street 750 and 500 series. All Street models manufactured from 2016 onwards have been affected by the faulty brake caliper issue. The company is said to be working round the clock to rectify the problem.
In India, Harley-Davidson faced severe issues back in 2016 with many Street 750 owners complaining of severe brake fade. The brake calipers used to wear off extremely fast, resulting in several accidents.
Although the issue is not as severe as in the past, the company is not taking any chances. The company has stated that the brakes could drag due to the piston bores, making it more prone to corrode quickly. The increased drag further leads to affecting the overall stability of the motorcycle while also increasing the risk of a crash. Harley-Davidson India has already contacted owners of the Street 750; manufactured after 2016.
However, the company is yet to announce the exact number of vehicles affected in India. Harley-Davidson has already started check-ups for all Street 750; with immediate brake caliper replacement if found to be faulty. Also, the replacement will be done free of charge to the customer.
This is the second recall for the Harley-Davidson Street 750 model. The first was back in 2015, when the brand issued a recall over a faulty seal in the fuel pump.
The Harley-Davidson Street 750 comes powered by a 749cc V-Twin, liquid-cooled engine churning out 59Nm of torque at 3,750rpm. It is mated to a six-speed gearbox. The motorcycle offers a number of features, along with the classic American-cruiser style design.
Thoughts On The harley-Davidson Street 750 India Recall
The Harley-Davidson Street 750 is an entry-level motorcycle for the American brand in the country. The motorcycle comes with a starting price of Rs 5.33 lakh, ex-showroom (India) and rivals the likes of the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 in the Indian market.