- 2 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Etrio Touro Electric Three-Wheeler Leasing Options Announced In India: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Pravaig Extinction Electric Sedan Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch Next Year: Here Are The Details!
- 4 hrs ago 2021 KTM Duke 125 Arrives At Dealership Ahead Of India Launch: New Design & Other Details
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: India's Best Dancer Finale Grabs 3rd Spot; Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Re-Enters
- News India to skip Canada-led COVID meet after Trudeau's remarks on farmers' protest
- Sports India vs Australia: India have unbelievable bowling attack, want to put them under pressure: Travis Head
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Education Rajasthan RBSE Board Syllabus Reduced By 48% For Academic Year 2020-21 Due To COVID-19
- Technology TRAI Asks Telecom Companies To Submit Details Of Segmented Offers
- Lifestyle Can Ginger Help Prevent And Manage Diabetes?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
Harley-Davidson Livewire has teased the LiveWire on its social media platform again. The post reads "All will be revealed: 27.08.2019." with a LiveWire teaser in the photo. The Harley-Davidson LiveWire is the American brand's first all-electric motorcycle. With the teased image we can expect the LiveWire to get launched in India on the 27th of August 2019.
Harley-Davidson will be celebrating its 10th year anniversary in India this month. The launch of LiveWire could mark the occasion for the company's celebration. The LiveWire has already made its world debut last month. We expect the LiveWire to be priced between Rs 19 lakh to Rs 20 lakh ex-showroom (India), making it the first all-electric premium performance motorcycle in the country.
The LiveWire features a radical-looking aluminium trellis frame. The motorcycle will stand apart from their current line-up of traditional cruisers with its Sportster designed tank. The LiveWire also features a full-LED headlamp with uniquely-design cowl wrapped around it.
The motorcycle comes with a 4.3 inch TFT display which is Bluetooth-enabled. The display offers a lot of information including turn-by-turn navigation. it is also capable of geofencing that notifies the owner of the motorcycle when it is moved beyond a pre-defined perimeter. Harley-Davidson retails the LiveWire internationally in three colour schemes: Lime Green, Orange, and Black.
The LiveWire comes with a 15.5kWh battery pack with a claimed range of 225 Kilometers in the city and 113 Kilometers on the highway. The battery can charge to 100% in over 12 hours with a standard level 1 charger. It also offers a level 3 charger as an option, which can charge the battery to 80% in just 40 minutes.
The electric motor featured on the motorcycle is a water-cooled PMSM (Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor). The electric motor produces 103.5bhp and 116Nm torque making it the most powerful engine produced by Harley-Davidson.
The motorcycle can accelerate from 0 to 100kmph in just 3 seconds. The LiveWire can reach some serious speeds, however; the motorcycle is limited to 185kmph. The power is sent from the electric motor to the rear wheel through a belt-drive system.
The Harley-Davidson LiveWire comes equipped with Showa up-side-down suspension on the front and a fully adjustable mono-shock suspension at the rear. The brakes setup are handled by a dual 300mm disc at the front and a single 260mm disc at the rear. The brake setup also includes (ABS) Anti-Lock Brake System is with cornering ABS. Both front and back get 17-inch alloys.
Thoughts About The Harley-Davidson LiveWire Teaser
The Harley-Davidson LiveWire will be a first of its kind all-electric performance motorcycle for the Indian market. With the high-end specs and performance figures, the LiveWire is all set to take IC engine powered motorcycles. The LiveWire will be a head-turner even without Harley's unique exhaust note.