- 16 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Indulge In This Love Affair For The Laughs!
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Harley-Davidson Livewire has teased the LiveWire on its social media platform again. The post reads "All will be revealed: 27.08.2019." with a LiveWire teaser in the photo. The Harley-Davidson LiveWire is the American brand's first all-electric motorcycle. With the teased image we can expect the LiveWire to get launched in India on the 27th of August 2019.
Harley-Davidson will be celebrating its 10th year anniversary in India this month. The launch of LiveWire could mark the occasion for the company's celebration. The LiveWire has already made its world debut last month. We expect the LiveWire to be priced between Rs 19 lakh to Rs 20 lakh ex-showroom (India), making it the first all-electric premium performance motorcycle in the country.
The LiveWire features a radical-looking aluminium trellis frame. The motorcycle will stand apart from their current line-up of traditional cruisers with its Sportster designed tank. The LiveWire also features a full-LED headlamp with uniquely-design cowl wrapped around it.
The motorcycle comes with a 4.3 inch TFT display which is Bluetooth-enabled. The display offers a lot of information including turn-by-turn navigation. it is also capable of geofencing that notifies the owner of the motorcycle when it is moved beyond a pre-defined perimeter. Harley-Davidson retails the LiveWire internationally in three colour schemes: Lime Green, Orange, and Black.
The LiveWire comes with a 15.5kWh battery pack with a claimed range of 225 Kilometers in the city and 113 Kilometers on the highway. The battery can charge to 100% in over 12 hours with a standard level 1 charger. It also offers a level 3 charger as an option, which can charge the battery to 80% in just 40 minutes.
The electric motor featured on the motorcycle is a water-cooled PMSM (Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor). The electric motor produces 103.5bhp and 116Nm torque making it the most powerful engine produced by Harley-Davidson.
The motorcycle can accelerate from 0 to 100kmph in just 3 seconds. The LiveWire can reach some serious speeds, however; the motorcycle is limited to 185kmph. The power is sent from the electric motor to the rear wheel through a belt-drive system.
The Harley-Davidson LiveWire comes equipped with Showa up-side-down suspension on the front and a fully adjustable mono-shock suspension at the rear. The brakes setup are handled by a dual 300mm disc at the front and a single 260mm disc at the rear. The brake setup also includes (ABS) Anti-Lock Brake System is with cornering ABS. Both front and back get 17-inch alloys.
Thoughts About The Harley-Davidson LiveWire Teaser
The Harley-Davidson LiveWire will be a first of its kind all-electric performance motorcycle for the Indian market. With the high-end specs and performance figures, the LiveWire is all set to take IC engine powered motorcycles. The LiveWire will be a head-turner even without Harley's unique exhaust note.