- 37 min ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 6 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Sports KPL 2019: Ballari Tuskers cruise to 7-wicket victory over Bijapur Bulls
- Movies Hrithik Roshan And Tiger Shroff’s ‘War’ Will Be An Adrenaline Pumping Visual Extravaganza: Director
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
American motorcycle manufacturer Harley-Davidson will most likely launch their all electric motorcycle, the LiveWire in India on 27 August. The company dropped a teaser featuring an 'electrified' bar and shield logo along with the launch date.
The LiveWire is Harley's first electric motorcycle and currently retails in American and European countries. The motorcycle uses design cues from Harley's Sportster range of bikes.
The all new LiveWire features a full LED headlamp that is housed in a uniquely styled headlamp cowl. The tank also has the Sportster design language. The all electric ‘Revelation' motor is hidden underneath the cast aluminum frame and this makes the motorcycle different than other electrics available in the markets.
Harley's all electric motor produces 103.5bhp making it the most powerful engine the company has ever produced. The motor also produces 116Nm of torque. The Harley-Davidson LiveWire features a 15.5kWh battery that can be fully charged in just over 12 hours.
Harley issues a Level 1 charger as standard equipment and retails a Level 3 fast charger as an optional. The Level 3 charger achieves a full charge in one hour. The LiveWire is capable of running 225 kilometers in the city and a 113 kilometers on the highway.
The motorcycle features a Bluetooth-enabled 4.3-inch TFT display that comes with turn-by-turn navigation, shows the location of the motorcycle, and is capable if Geo-fencing that notifies the owner if the motorcycle is beyond a pre-defined perimeter.
The Harley-Davidson LiveWire also features a six-axis IMU, traction control system and a (DSCS) Drag-Torque Slip Control System that modulates torque at the wheel.
Harley-Davidson retails the LiveWire in three colour schemes in global markets - Lime Green, Orange, and Black. We expect that the company will offer the same colour schemes in India.
As is, we expect that the LiveWire will retail between Rs 16 lakh and Rs 20 lakh (ex-showroom, India), making it the first all electric motorcycle to be placed in that price bracket.
Thoughts About The Scheduled 27 August Launch
Fascinating times we think! An all electric Harley-Davidson should do well in the country and we're sure the company hopes that the all electric will do well. In fact, they must hope that the motorcycle starts turning sales around. We wonder why they decided to bring in a fairly large electric motorcycle. Pricing is critical and had Harley built an electric here, they could have priced it way cheaper - fueling heavy sales simply because it is a Harley.