- 1 hr ago Continental Builds Heads Up Display For Sport And Performance Cars
- 2 hrs ago The Damon X Is The Safest Motorcycle In The World — Features Advanced Tech
- 3 hrs ago Vespa & Aprilia To Launch FI Scooters With LED Headlamps & New Scooters With 200cc Engine
- 19 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Coming from a second-line side in world cricket, Shakib Al Hasan’s feat is extra special
- Finance Fitch Lowers India Growth Forecast For FY20 To 6.6%
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A70 Cases And Covers To Buy In India
- News If you are going to cough, please go away the room: Donald Trump
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil Season 3: Is This The Final List Of Contestants?
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor & Alia Bhatt Make Us Want To Invest In Green Pantsuits
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Start-ups in the two-wheeler electric vehicle market are becoming a norm. India has witnessed quite a few over the last year. One of the newest start-ups is Gugu Energy, a Coimbatore based company, founded by Guhan RP. The company revealed its first fully electric two-wheeler-the Gugu R-SUV. The Gugu R-SUV is a cross between a scooter and a motorcycle, and is capable of venturing in off-road terrain.
The Gugu R-SUV is available in two variants. The difference between the two is the mileage range, and of course, price. One variant is offered at Rs 1.25 lakh and has a running range of 130 kilometers over a full charge. It does 0-100kmph is 6.5 seconds and the top-speed stands electronically limited to 100kmph. 80% of juice takes about 30 minutes of charge time.
The second variant is offered at just under Rs 3 lakh and has a running range of about 300 kilometers over a full charge. It does 0-100kmph in less than 3 seconds and has a to-speed of 145kmph. The battery on this machine is definitely a long range one!
The R-SUV has been designed and built in-house at the Pune design studio and the Coimbatore facility. Designing and manufacturing in-house has allowed for Gugu Energy to make the cross-over motorcycle feature rich. The R-SUV features a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, in-built maps, GPS, vehicle diagnostics, real-time traffic updates, app connectivity, and battery information.
The vehicle also features over-the-air software updates that will constantly introduce new features, a 28-litre storage capacity (enough for a small out-of-town ride), personalized riding profiles, and LED headlights, disc brakes with single channel ABS. The company says that ultra-fast chargers will be place along 'most traveled' routes across India.
Pre-orders are currently opens and Gugu Energy says they have over 5,000 bookings already.
While there are other two-wheel electric vehicle manufacturers already offering options in electric scooters, Gugu Energy is in a league of its' own. The closest competition they may have is from Ather Energy's Ather 450. The Ather 450 offers a mileage of 75 kilometers over a full charge. The Ather 450 is priced at Rs 1.28 lakh (e-showroom, India).
Thoughts About The Gugu R-SUV
What a rugged looking machine! If looks are anything to go by, the R-SUV looks ready for an environmentally friendly adventure. Can't wait to test this machine out!