- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos Twitter Hashtag On Launch Day Is A Hashflag, Not A Hashtag
- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Kia Seltos Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 9.69 lakh
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Venue 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Variant Launch Confirmed For Before BS-VI Deadline
- Lifestyle What To Do When Your Spouse Is Not Willing To Cook
- Education CSIR UGC NET: NTA Released Exam Schedule For December 2019 And June 2020
- News Twitterati in splits after Shashi Tharoor says 'schadenfreude' for Chidambaram
- Technology Jio GigaFiber Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offering Free Extra Usage Of Up To One Year
- Finance Yes Bank Shares Have Crashed By 27% In 4 Days; Likely To Fall Further
- Sports Hardik Pandya walks the ramp in Lakme Fashion Week
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Closing Collections: Ram Pothineni's Movie Proves To Be A Blockbuster
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Start-ups in the two-wheeler electric vehicle market are becoming a norm. India has witnessed quite a few over the last year. One of the newest start-ups is Gugu Energy, a Coimbatore based company, founded by Guhan RP. The company revealed its first fully electric two-wheeler-the Gugu R-SUV. The Gugu R-SUV is a cross between a scooter and a motorcycle, and is capable of venturing in off-road terrain.
The Gugu R-SUV is available in two variants. The difference between the two is the mileage range, and of course, price. One variant is offered at Rs 1.25 lakh and has a running range of 130 kilometers over a full charge. It does 0-100kmph is 6.5 seconds and the top-speed stands electronically limited to 100kmph. 80% of juice takes about 30 minutes of charge time.
The second variant is offered at just under Rs 3 lakh and has a running range of about 300 kilometers over a full charge. It does 0-100kmph in less than 3 seconds and has a to-speed of 145kmph. The battery on this machine is definitely a long range one!
The R-SUV has been designed and built in-house at the Pune design studio and the Coimbatore facility. Designing and manufacturing in-house has allowed for Gugu Energy to make the cross-over motorcycle feature rich. The R-SUV features a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, in-built maps, GPS, vehicle diagnostics, real-time traffic updates, app connectivity, and battery information.
The vehicle also features over-the-air software updates that will constantly introduce new features, a 28-litre storage capacity (enough for a small out-of-town ride), personalized riding profiles, and LED headlights, disc brakes with single channel ABS. The company says that ultra-fast chargers will be place along 'most traveled' routes across India.
Pre-orders are currently opens and Gugu Energy says they have over 5,000 bookings already.
While there are other two-wheel electric vehicle manufacturers already offering options in electric scooters, Gugu Energy is in a league of its' own. The closest competition they may have is from Ather Energy's Ather 450. The Ather 450 offers a mileage of 75 kilometers over a full charge. The Ather 450 is priced at Rs 1.28 lakh (e-showroom, India).
Thoughts About The Gugu R-SUV
What a rugged looking machine! If looks are anything to go by, the R-SUV looks ready for an environmentally friendly adventure. Can't wait to test this machine out!