- 1 hr ago Toyota To Launch Twelve Products Over The Next Decade — The Invasion Has Begun
- 2 hrs ago Volkswagen India To Launch Four New SUVs: Touareg, Tiguan Allspace, T-Roc & T-Cross
- 18 hrs ago Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill — Enough Of The Hooliganism
- 21 hrs ago Husband Buys Doctor Wife A Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
- Movies Priya Prakash Varrier's Co-star Comes Up With Some Interesting Comments!
- Finance L&T Surges On Winning "Significant" Construction Order In Sri Lanka
- News Kolkata Police arrested group D staff inside Fort William on charges of rape
- Technology Huawei Might Lose Out On $30 Billion Revenue After US Ban
- Sports World Archery gives one-month ultimatum to Archery Association of India
- Lifestyle Hina Khan Or Kangana Ranaut Or Sophie Choudry: Whose Airport Outfit Would You Like To Try?
- Education NEST Results 2019 Released: Check The Link And Important Details
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Greaves Cotton, possibly India's most diversified engineering companies, has revealed its high-speed electric scooter, the Ampere Zeal. The new Zeal Scooter has been launched under the FAME II policy of the government.
The FAME II Scheme was specifically created by the government to strengthen e-Mobility solutions for commuters who conventional fuel vehicles for their everyday commute. Ampere Vehicles is the company's e-Mobility division. They are responsible for creating the Zeal high-speed scooter, and a couple of other electric scooter models for Greaves Cotton.
The new Ampere Zeal features a modern look with bold styling and body graphics. The scooter features new LED headlights, dual speed mode (economy and power), and improved acceleration (0-50kmph in 14 seconds). The scooter is also features an anti-theft alarm, and is available in five high-gloss metallic shades.
The Zeal high-speed scooter has a top top speed of about 55kmph and a total range of 75km on a single charge. The battery take five and a half hours to fully charge.
The new Ampere Zeal electric scooter will attract an amount of Rs 18,000 as subsidy under the FAME II Scheme. In addition to the government back subsidy, buyers also benefit from affordable and accessible finance schemes that are offered by Greaves Cotton.
Mr Nagesh Basavanhalli, Managing Director and CEO, Greaves Cotton, said, "Ampere Vehicles known for technical ingenuity combined with Greaves retail scale and efficiency has resulted in successful growth over the last year. Today, we are a complete EV ecosystem player with a comprehensive offering of products, services & aftermarket support. We remain committed to bringing about transformation in how people access and experience next-generation mobility solutions."
Ampere's electric vehicles also come with a 1 to 3 year warranty, and the company says that customers experience exceptional after-sales service. The company has a strong network of over 300 Greaves Retail stores and over 5000 aftermarket outlets across the country.
Thoughts About The New Ampere Zeal
While we're not sure if 55kmph qualifies as high speed, we're happy that Ampere's latest additon, the Zeal, is offering more choices to buyers of electric scooters. We need to test the scooter out before we can tell how well it performs. Stay tuned, this may happen really soon!