- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Sports Ashwin's unhappy time continues as he may lose Kings XI Punjab captaincy
- News What did Arundhati Roy say on Kashmir that irked Twitterati?
- Movies Mom-to-be Amy Jackson Chills Like A Boss With Boyfriend George Panayiotou In A Pool!
- Finance Sensex Rallies On FM's Booster Dose; Gains 330 Points
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note10 And Note10 Plus Accessories: Best Protection Cases And Covers To Buy In India
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Genelia D’ Souza Gives Us The Best Showstopper Moment With This Red Lehenga
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Greaves Cotton, possibly India's most diversified engineering companies, has revealed its high-speed electric scooter, the Ampere Zeal. The new Zeal Scooter has been launched under the FAME II policy of the government.
The FAME II Scheme was specifically created by the government to strengthen e-Mobility solutions for commuters who conventional fuel vehicles for their everyday commute. Ampere Vehicles is the company's e-Mobility division. They are responsible for creating the Zeal high-speed scooter, and a couple of other electric scooter models for Greaves Cotton.
The new Ampere Zeal features a modern look with bold styling and body graphics. The scooter features new LED headlights, dual speed mode (economy and power), and improved acceleration (0-50kmph in 14 seconds). The scooter is also features an anti-theft alarm, and is available in five high-gloss metallic shades.
The Zeal high-speed scooter has a top top speed of about 55kmph and a total range of 75km on a single charge. The battery take five and a half hours to fully charge.
The new Ampere Zeal electric scooter will attract an amount of Rs 18,000 as subsidy under the FAME II Scheme. In addition to the government back subsidy, buyers also benefit from affordable and accessible finance schemes that are offered by Greaves Cotton.
Mr Nagesh Basavanhalli, Managing Director and CEO, Greaves Cotton, said, "Ampere Vehicles known for technical ingenuity combined with Greaves retail scale and efficiency has resulted in successful growth over the last year. Today, we are a complete EV ecosystem player with a comprehensive offering of products, services & aftermarket support. We remain committed to bringing about transformation in how people access and experience next-generation mobility solutions."
Ampere's electric vehicles also come with a 1 to 3 year warranty, and the company says that customers experience exceptional after-sales service. The company has a strong network of over 300 Greaves Retail stores and over 5000 aftermarket outlets across the country.
Thoughts About The New Ampere Zeal
While we're not sure if 55kmph qualifies as high speed, we're happy that Ampere's latest additon, the Zeal, is offering more choices to buyers of electric scooters. We need to test the scooter out before we can tell how well it performs. Stay tuned, this may happen really soon!