- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Which constituencies are voting today; Complete list of polls and by-polls on Oct 21
- Movies Badshah Responds After Dr Zeus Accuses Bala Filmmakers Of Having Plagiarized ‘Don’t Be Shy’
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Gurugram based Okinawa scooters has announced a government-given subsidy for owners of its electric scooters. They have become the first company to receive approval of the subsidy offered under the FAME II (Faster Adoption and Manufacture of hybrid and Electric vehicles) Scheme. Subsidies are offered under the FAME II scheme if OEMs meet certain requirements.
In order to get an approval of subsidy under the FAME II Scheme, manufacturers have to ensure products they retail must have a top speed of at least 40 kilometers per hour, must feature a range of at least 80 kilometers per full charge, must use Lithium-ion batteries, and have at least 50% local produce and content on their vehicles.
Okinawa scooters managed to achieve this and now the Okinawa i-Praise and the Okinawa Ridge+ electric scooters enjoy a government backed subsidy between Rs 17,000 and Rs 26,000, based on battery capacity (kWh). This subsidy makes the scooters cheaper than the Honda Activa 125.
The Okinawa i-Praise is a premium scooter that features a 2,500watt brushless DC motor. The motor is supported by a 2.9kWh Lithium-ion battery. Okinawa claims that the range on a full charge is between 160 and 180 kilometers. The battery take up three hours for a full charge. The scooter also features regenerative braking.
The Okinawa i-Praise features front and rear disc brakes, LED headlights, a fully-digital instrument cluster, smartphone connectivity, adjustable brake levers, and aluminium alloy wheels. The i-Praise is priced at Rs 1.16 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Okinawa Ridge+ features a 1,200 watt brushless DC motor. The motor is supported by 1.75kWh Lithium-ion battery. The company claims that the range on a full charge is between 90 and 100 kilometers. The scooter features drum brakes at the front and the rear, telescopic front suspension, and double shocker with dual tube technology at the rear. The scooter is priced at Rs 79,290, ex-showroom (India).
The FAME II Scheme subsides reduce prices for electric vehicle significantly, and makes these scooters strong contenders for urban commuters. Mr. Jeetender Sharma, Founder & Managing Director, Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd., said, "With eligibility under Fame-II, our customers will be able to enjoy standard subsidy depending upon the model battery kWh. For Okinawa Ridge+ & i-Praise the subsidy would be between Rs 17000 - Rs 26000 based on kWh. We are confident that this will motivate more environment conscious customers to become a part of the Okinawa family to enjoy not only the benefits of e-scooters but also the advanced features offered in the Okinawa range."
Thoughts About A Reduction In Prices Of Okinawa Scooters
There finally seems to be some traction towards the Electric Revolution. Manufacturers of electric vehicles did say that the government did not give them enough time to meet the requirements before certification. It is good to see manufactures like Okinawa striving to be on top of the game and offering buyers the best possible solutions across the board. Kudos to Okinawa Autotech!