- 7 min ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 52 min ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now.
- 1 hr ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- 3 hrs ago Aprilia Storm 125 Launched — Priced At Rs 65000 Ex-Showroom
- Technology Win Infinix S4 for just Re1 with Flipkart’s answer and win contest
- News Cow vigilantes thrash Muslim youths over beef rumour in MP, 5 arrested
- Movies India's Most Wanted FIRST DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Records Low Numbers
- Finance RBI To Infuse Rs 15,000 Crore In June Through OMO
- Sports La Liga, Real Betis join hands to promote Spanish football internationally
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Gurugram based Okinawa scooters has announced a government-given subsidy for owners of its electric scooters. They have become the first company to receive approval of the subsidy offered under the FAME II (Faster Adoption and Manufacture of hybrid and Electric vehicles) Scheme. Subsidies are offered under the FAME II scheme if OEMs meet certain requirements.
In order to get an approval of subsidy under the FAME II Scheme, manufacturers have to ensure products they retail must have a top speed of at least 40 kilometers per hour, must feature a range of at least 80 kilometers per full charge, must use Lithium-ion batteries, and have at least 50% local produce and content on their vehicles.
Okinawa scooters managed to achieve this and now the Okinawa i-Praise and the Okinawa Ridge+ electric scooters enjoy a government backed subsidy between Rs 17,000 and Rs 26,000, based on battery capacity (kWh). This subsidy makes the scooters cheaper than the Honda Activa 125.
The Okinawa i-Praise is a premium scooter that features a 2,500watt brushless DC motor. The motor is supported by a 2.9kWh Lithium-ion battery. Okinawa claims that the range on a full charge is between 160 and 180 kilometers. The battery take up three hours for a full charge. The scooter also features regenerative braking.
The Okinawa i-Praise features front and rear disc brakes, LED headlights, a fully-digital instrument cluster, smartphone connectivity, adjustable brake levers, and aluminium alloy wheels. The i-Praise is priced at Rs 1.16 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Okinawa Ridge+ features a 1,200 watt brushless DC motor. The motor is supported by 1.75kWh Lithium-ion battery. The company claims that the range on a full charge is between 90 and 100 kilometers. The scooter features drum brakes at the front and the rear, telescopic front suspension, and double shocker with dual tube technology at the rear. The scooter is priced at Rs 79,290, ex-showroom (India).
The FAME II Scheme subsides reduce prices for electric vehicle significantly, and makes these scooters strong contenders for urban commuters. Mr. Jeetender Sharma, Founder & Managing Director, Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd., said, "With eligibility under Fame-II, our customers will be able to enjoy standard subsidy depending upon the model battery kWh. For Okinawa Ridge+ & i-Praise the subsidy would be between Rs 17000 - Rs 26000 based on kWh. We are confident that this will motivate more environment conscious customers to become a part of the Okinawa family to enjoy not only the benefits of e-scooters but also the advanced features offered in the Okinawa range."
Thoughts About A Reduction In Prices Of Okinawa Scooters
There finally seems to be some traction towards the Electric Revolution. Manufacturers of electric vehicles did say that the government did not give them enough time to meet the requirements before certification. It is good to see manufactures like Okinawa striving to be on top of the game and offering buyers the best possible solutions across the board. Kudos to Okinawa Autotech!