- 16 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Indulge In This Love Affair For The Laughs!
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
A 1976 Harley-Davidson FLH 1200 Electra Glide has become the third most-expensive motorcycle in the world. The motorcycle was auctioned by GWS auctions for a hefty sum of $800,000 (Rs 5.75 crore).
At this price point, it has already become the most expensive Harley-Davidson motorcycle yet. It is not that the motorcycle is highly valuable among collectors, but it is the person who owned it previously that has fetched it the price.
The 1976 Harley-Davidson FLH 1200 Electra Glide was previously owned by American Rock and Roll star Elvis Presley. Elvis Presley was famously known as the ‘King of Rock & Roll'. He was one of the most well-known personalities across the world during his time.
He has many accolades to his name, one of them being the best-selling solo artist in the history of music! It is claimed that Elvis Presley bought this particular Harley-Davidson FLH 1200 Electra Glide in 1976.
He rode it only for three months before selling it back to a Harley-Davidson dealership shortly before his death in 1977. However, the motorcycle remained registered to Elvis's name since he was such a big star.
The motorcycle was then purchased by a new owner who lent it to Pioneer Auto Museum in South Dakota, where it was displayed for over 30 years. The motorcycle was then put up for auction quite recent with GWS Auctions expecting it to fetch up to $2 million (Rs 14.36 crore).
However, when it went under the hammer, the highest amount anybody bid for it was $800,000 (Rs 5.75 crore). This has made it the third-most expensive motorcycle and the most expensive Harley-Davidson in the world.
The second most-expensive Harley-Davidson is a 1907 Harley-Davidson Strap Tank Single that sold for $715,000 (Rs 5.13 crore) in auction. In third place with an auction price of $512,000 (Rs 3.67 crore) is the famous Harley-Davidson Fatboy ridden by Arnold Schwartzenneger in Hollywood blockbuster Terminator 2: Judgement day.
Thoughts On Elvis Presley's 1976 Harley-Davidson FLH 1200 Becoming The Third Most-Expensive Motorcycle
Harley-Davidson motorcycles have always been looked at as premium offerings that the rich could buy. Elvis Presley owning a Harley-Davidson in itself is great news for the brand. However, nobody might have expected it to become so popular and fetch such a price. As time passes, the motorcycle's value will surely increase.