- 3 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 4 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
A 1976 Harley-Davidson FLH 1200 Electra Glide has become the third most-expensive motorcycle in the world. The motorcycle was auctioned by GWS auctions for a hefty sum of $800,000 (Rs 5.75 crore).
At this price point, it has already become the most expensive Harley-Davidson motorcycle yet. It is not that the motorcycle is highly valuable among collectors, but it is the person who owned it previously that has fetched it the price.
The 1976 Harley-Davidson FLH 1200 Electra Glide was previously owned by American Rock and Roll star Elvis Presley. Elvis Presley was famously known as the ‘King of Rock & Roll'. He was one of the most well-known personalities across the world during his time.
He has many accolades to his name, one of them being the best-selling solo artist in the history of music! It is claimed that Elvis Presley bought this particular Harley-Davidson FLH 1200 Electra Glide in 1976.
He rode it only for three months before selling it back to a Harley-Davidson dealership shortly before his death in 1977. However, the motorcycle remained registered to Elvis's name since he was such a big star.
The motorcycle was then purchased by a new owner who lent it to Pioneer Auto Museum in South Dakota, where it was displayed for over 30 years. The motorcycle was then put up for auction quite recent with GWS Auctions expecting it to fetch up to $2 million (Rs 14.36 crore).
However, when it went under the hammer, the highest amount anybody bid for it was $800,000 (Rs 5.75 crore). This has made it the third-most expensive motorcycle and the most expensive Harley-Davidson in the world.
The second most-expensive Harley-Davidson is a 1907 Harley-Davidson Strap Tank Single that sold for $715,000 (Rs 5.13 crore) in auction. In third place with an auction price of $512,000 (Rs 3.67 crore) is the famous Harley-Davidson Fatboy ridden by Arnold Schwartzenneger in Hollywood blockbuster Terminator 2: Judgement day.
Thoughts On Elvis Presley's 1976 Harley-Davidson FLH 1200 Becoming The Third Most-Expensive Motorcycle
Harley-Davidson motorcycles have always been looked at as premium offerings that the rich could buy. Elvis Presley owning a Harley-Davidson in itself is great news for the brand. However, nobody might have expected it to become so popular and fetch such a price. As time passes, the motorcycle's value will surely increase.