- 7 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 8 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 24 min ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 2 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- Movies Kamal Haasan Has Not Paid Vikram His Salary For Kadaram Kondan?
- News Section 144 imposed in Bengaluru, liquor shops to remain closed till July 25
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 7: UP Yoddha Vs Bengal Warriors: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Launched – Other Gaming Smartphones That Might Face The Heat
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
Li-ions Elektrik has launched the Spock, an electric scooter at a starting price of Rs 65,000 Prices go up to Rs 99,000 depending on the configuration opted for. Li-ions Elektrik Solutions Pvt Ltd is an Indian company that developed the Spock to meet first and last mile connectivity requirements of various firms.
The electric vehicle industry is growing at a rapid pace and we are getting to see several new brands entering the space. The electric two-wheeler industry is still at a very nascent stage and hence most manufacturers in the space provide a scooter with low performance and decent range.
There are scooters with more performance and range, but they cost a lot more too. Elektrick claims that the Spock was conceived after extensive research in the electric vehicles space. The Elektrik Spock is powered by swappable 2.9kWh Lithium-ion batteries.
The scooter is driven by a brushless DC hub motor with a peak power output of 2.1kW and a continuous power output of 1.2kW. This allows the scooter to have a claimed top speed of 45km/h. The battery configuration can be decided by the buyer. Depending on the battery configuration chosen, the scooter will have a range between 50-130 kilometres.
Capt. Gurvinder Singh, Director, Li-ions Elektrik Solutions Pvt. Ltd. said, "Green mobility solutions is the need of the hour. We, at Li-ions Elektrik, are at the forefront of driving electric innovations that will impact environmental and economic sustainability in our communities and nation. With the introduction of these new Electric 2-Wheelers, we aim to empower and encourage people towards an environment-friendly country."
He went on to say, "The design of our 2-wheeler has been done at the local level which has been 100% made under the "Make in India" umbrella and is fully indigenous. Any product can only succeed based on the demand it generates in the market, here too, it is a matter of pride for the company to have its orders pre-booked full before the grand launch", added Capt. Singh.
The spock features pretty basic design and styling. Up front is a unique design with a circular headlamp. At the rear, it features a factory-fitted cargo box with thermal insulation. It comes with turn signal indicators integrated into the tail lamp. Deliveries of the Elektrik Spock is expected to start in July.
Thoughts On Elektrik Spock Electric Scooter Launched In India
The electric two-wheeler market in India is growing at a fast pace and the Spock is yet another addition to the ever growing list of EVs. The Elektrik Spock seems perfect for e-Commerce sites' delivery vehicles.
Earlier today, e-Commerce giant Flipkart announced that it would replace 40 percent of its delivery fleet with electric vehicles by March 2020. The Elektrik Spock seems like the perfect scooter for the job with its cargo box. Not to forget, the cargo box has thermal insulation. Pizza delivery anyone?