- 21 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 23 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 1 day ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- Movies Kadaram Kondan Box Office Collections 3 Days: Vikram’s Movie Has A Solid First Weekend
- News SBI clerk prelims result 2019 date confirmed: How to download
- Sports Morgan still undecided over England future
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Vs Other Snapdragon 855 Powered Smartphones
- Lifestyle From Amit Aggarwal To Tarun Tahiliani: What Can We Expect From The Designers At The FDCI ICW 2019?
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Wipey — a small electric helmet wiper system, which works similarly to the wipers on cars. The small new device is said to go on Kickstarter in May, ahead of the the monsoon season.
Wipey is a snap-on device which is compatible with any helmet: full-face, modular and open-face. The device fixes on to the visors of helmets through permanent guides positioned either horizontally or vertically depending on the preference of the rider. Designed specifically for motorcycle helmets, the device is 'aerodynamic' to help reduce drags at high speeds.
The helmet wiper runs on batteries and can be operated at a touch of a button. Once fixed on to the linear guides, Wipey also has a small safety-spring which locks the wiper into place, ensuring it is secured.
According to the official website, the Wipey can be attached and removed within a second. The battery used for the wiper system are replaceable and lasts for up to 3 hours of continuous usage and 12 hours of intermittent usage. The company also claims that the electric helmet wiper has been tested at speeds of up to 130km/h .
The electric wiper comes with a small button both on top of the wipers as well as an additional one which fixes on the handlebars. The button on the handlebars is connected to the main device using Bluetooth. Similar to car windshield wipers, Wipey also comes with speed adjustability, with the small wiper blades offering intervals of either 1, 3 or 6 seconds.
According to the product description, the Wipey comes with a one-year warranty, with the wiper blades being replaceable as well. The Wipey will go on kickstarter from May and will be available for shipping by the year-end. Interested customers can get up to 50 percent early-bird discount in case of bookings done right away. The Wipey is currently in its prototype stages, with production said to start soon.
Thoughts On The Electric Helmet Wiper
Wipey is a small electric helmet device, which generates a lot of curiosity. Once launched on Kickstarter, Wipey will enter full production and should be available by the year-end. The brand is yet to announce any specific launch timeline, however, we can see it generating a lot of interest, especially among motorcycle riders.