- 3 hrs ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Verna Facelift BS6 Model To Be Unveiled At Auto Expo
- 5 hrs ago New TVS Electric Scooter Launch Highlights: Brand's First Electric Scooter To Rival The Ather 450
- 6 hrs ago Spy Pics: Hyundai Tucson Facelift BS6 Model Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
- News J&K: Seven terrorist associates of Lashkar-e-Taiba, Hizbul Mujahideen arrested in Bandipora
- Lifestyle Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- Movies Dance Plus 5: Shah Rukh Khan In Awe Of 'Fauji' Bhim Bahadur’s Performance
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Sports Pakistan trump Bangladesh to bag T20I series
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Wipey — a small electric helmet wiper system, which works similarly to the wipers on cars. The small new device is said to go on Kickstarter in May, ahead of the the monsoon season.
Wipey is a snap-on device which is compatible with any helmet: full-face, modular and open-face. The device fixes on to the visors of helmets through permanent guides positioned either horizontally or vertically depending on the preference of the rider. Designed specifically for motorcycle helmets, the device is 'aerodynamic' to help reduce drags at high speeds.
The helmet wiper runs on batteries and can be operated at a touch of a button. Once fixed on to the linear guides, Wipey also has a small safety-spring which locks the wiper into place, ensuring it is secured.
According to the official website, the Wipey can be attached and removed within a second. The battery used for the wiper system are replaceable and lasts for up to 3 hours of continuous usage and 12 hours of intermittent usage. The company also claims that the electric helmet wiper has been tested at speeds of up to 130km/h .
The electric wiper comes with a small button both on top of the wipers as well as an additional one which fixes on the handlebars. The button on the handlebars is connected to the main device using Bluetooth. Similar to car windshield wipers, Wipey also comes with speed adjustability, with the small wiper blades offering intervals of either 1, 3 or 6 seconds.
According to the product description, the Wipey comes with a one-year warranty, with the wiper blades being replaceable as well. The Wipey will go on kickstarter from May and will be available for shipping by the year-end. Interested customers can get up to 50 percent early-bird discount in case of bookings done right away. The Wipey is currently in its prototype stages, with production said to start soon.
Thoughts On The Electric Helmet Wiper
Wipey is a small electric helmet device, which generates a lot of curiosity. Once launched on Kickstarter, Wipey will enter full production and should be available by the year-end. The brand is yet to announce any specific launch timeline, however, we can see it generating a lot of interest, especially among motorcycle riders.